Song book

DaveJardine

Blues Newbie
i am starting to see the end of the tunnel, learnt a lot, had a blast.
I would like to get an acoustic blues progressive song book .
Any ideas?

DaveJardine

Blues Newbie
Thanks, but I found two
Money spent blues
Traveling blues
Resources like that I am looking for
Griff keep them coming

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
The Stephan Grossman workshop stuff is good. When I finished ABGU Griff hadn't released Spent Money Blues or Traveling Blues yet so I went and found Toby Walker. His stuff is intermediate to advanced and I found I've needed every ounce of what Griff taught me in ABGU to even start Toby's lessons.

Check him out at https://www.tobywalkerslessons.com he teaches a lot of classic acoustic blues in different styles (piedmont, country, ragtime, delta) if you do decide to buy some lessons make sure to sign up for his "members club" first as you get a discount. Also as a members club member he sends out a lesson and a lick of the month each month kind of like Griff. His methodology is different from Griff's so I had to adjust but once I got used to his teaching style I think he's great. He's very accessible by email or Skype, though I believe he is currently touring in Germany and Austria so he might be slow to respond until he gets back.

Eric

Ivan

Blues Newbie
The Stephan Grossman workshop stuff is good. When I finished ABGU Griff hadn't released Spent Money Blues or Traveling Blues yet so I went and found Toby Walker. His stuff is intermediate to advanced and I found I've needed every ounce of what Griff taught me in ABGU to even start Toby's lessons.

Check him out at https://www.tobywalkerslessons.com he teaches a lot of classic acoustic blues in different styles (piedmont, country, ragtime, delta) if you do decide to buy some lessons make sure to sign up for his "members club" first as you get a discount. Also as a members club member he sends out a lesson and a lick of the month each month kind of like Griff. His methodology is different from Griff's so I had to adjust but once I got used to his teaching style I think he's great. He's very accessible by email or Skype, though I believe he is currently touring in Germany and Austria so he might be slow to respond until he gets back.

Eric

Interesting lessons. Thanks for sharing that Jalapeno. Maybe Griff will come up an ABGU-2 one day.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
You're welcome. Toby is an awesome player too. I think ABGU covers all of the fundamentals so perhaps a ABGU2 could be all repertoire, say, like a bunch of Traveling Blues and Spent Money Blues songs. That would be really cool.

Eric

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Interesting lessons. Thanks for sharing that Jalapeno. Maybe Griff will come up an ABGU-2 one day.
He kind of did a while back when he did the Spent Money Blues and Travelin' Shoes Blues or whatever they were called. I think he dubbed them the Acoustic Blues Gig in a Box courses. When he did those, I actually hoped there was an ABGIB course on its way.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Thanks, but I found two
Money spent blues
Traveling blues
Resources like that I am looking for
Griff keep them coming
Thse are two great acoustic songs Griff has put out. I can play both and sing to both of them (sing not very well). I can play Traveling Blues without the music. There are two great songs. :Beer: