October Challenge

Rick23

Blues Newbie
I signed up for the October challenge yesterday, my first one. The "what to expect" video said there would be a new BGU Labs category for discussion and submissions when I logged in on the forum but I'm not seeing it. Does it take a while before it shows up?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
You may have to log out and back in to see it. When you do, it should be at the very bottom of the forums list page.

GuitarGeorge

Blues Newbie
Looks like a cool Challenge. I don't believe I have time this month to spend on it to get the most out of it. but if I buy I I assume I get all the course materials and can do it at my own pace at a later date if I so chose, though I would not have the video submission for the Challenge. Do I got that right?

BillKociaba

Blues Newbie
thanks Mike confirmed I will buy it and do it around Christmas maybe, but you never know maybe sooner.
I just got the email for the nov. challenge with the link to the oct one by mistake. I didn't know about these and would like to find out about older ones. Can someone tell me where to look for that info? I would actually also like to buy the oct one as its just the kind of stuff I would like to be aable to play. thanks in advance for any help
Bill

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I just got the email for the nov. challenge with the link to the oct one by mistake. I didn't know about these and would like to find out about older ones. Can someone tell me where to look for that info? I would actually also like to buy the oct one as its just the kind of stuff I would like to be aable to play. thanks in advance for any help
Bill

Bill, rather than searching this one out yourself, I forwarded your inquiry along to Griff. I don't think the old registration links will get you the information you need.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Bill
First, my apologies on the errant link this morning - obviously a copy/paste error on my part :)

I suppose I could work out a way to offer up access to previous BGU Labs challenges, but obviously there would no longer be a "live" component or any option to "submit" anything.

What I would fear from people going through older months is that the forum would be cluttered with submissions that aren't relevant to the month going on right now, but I suppose that's a problem we could handle if it were to arise.

Let me look into how I can make that work.

falconcreek

Blues Newbie
The page for the November challenge lists the "class" schedule dates and times, but not the time zones. Will help if this could be made more clear. There is also a switch from daylight savings and standard time after the first week....

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
The page for the November challenge lists the "class" schedule dates and times, but not the time zones. Will help if this could be made more clear. There is also a switch from daylight savings and standard time after the first week....
The schedules are always published according to Pacific Time. The listed time is PDT prior to 11/4 and PST after 11/4.