FIREFLY Anyone?

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Time for a video. I can't believe all these guys bought the firefly and nobody has posted a recording (if you have and I missed it, please let me know). Anyhow, I took it upon myself to make a brief video to show off this inexpensive guit. Low tech stuff here. Filmed with my Canon powershot sx150 with no editing (that will be apparent if you watch it). Just wanted to show a bit of how it sounds. Played through my Fender Blues Junior. As one would expect, it sounds much less bright and more full bodied through my quilter mini, but I filmed the Blues Jr cuz that's what I use the most and cuz many of you have them. Enjoy, be nice.

https://youtu.be/46mudAOLEkI

jahmer

Great video! Thanks for posting. I didn't already own one of these great guitars, your video would have sold me. That sounds great through your Blues Jr.

jporzelius

Blues Junior
Thanks for all your kind feedback. It's amazing how anxious I got with just a video camera in the room. My playing was stiff and tentative which really affected the tone and timing. The guitar does sound better than that when played well.

A friend of mine was playing in a band and a professional musician came to one of his shows. My friend asked the musician for feedback about his band and the pro said, "there's nothing wrong with your band that 200 live performances won't fix." I have 4 gigs under my belt and I can see that another 196 would really improve my playing. Hope I live long enough for that.

jahmer

chemeagle

Blues Newbie
Thank you for the video. Good job. I have the blue Fly but after seeing yours I may have to get a black one. And with the possibility of a GoldTop LP Fly coming out.... Good value for the dollar. But I’m getting crowded out of my music room with all the equipment.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Thank you for the video. Good job. I have the blue Fly but after seeing yours I may have to get a black one. And with the possibility of a GoldTop LP Fly coming out.... Good value for the dollar. But I’m getting crowded out of my music room with all the equipment.
I saw a blurb on their Facebook page that hints that they may be offering a green-burst in the future.

Last edited:

brent

Green burst LP or or the semi-hollow? A green burst LP would be really tasty.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Green burst LP or or the semi-hollow? A green burst LP would be really tasty.

Green burst semi-hollow. They're also doing a gold semi-hollow. Past colors of the LP were gold, blue burst, silver burst and sunburst.

Are their LPs as highly rated as the 335s? And similarly priced?

Haven't seen too much about them. They sold them for $129.95 last year, but with a little amp included. I'd guess they'd use all the same parts except for the body.

FireflyLP2.jpg

Last edited:

brent

Well, a green burst semi-hollow would be pretty damn sweet, too. But, I already have a red one. I kinda wish now, that I had waited to get a green one, instead. If only I had known ahead of time.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Well, a green burst semi-hollow would be pretty damn sweet, too. But, I already have a red one. I kinda wish now, that I had waited to get a green one, instead. If only I had known ahead of time.
Well, I don't even know if it's a sure thing or just something they are thinking about.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
I can pass on the semi hollow for a while, hoping to get a "real" 335 for my 50th birthday.
I wonder how their LP compares to my monoprice gold top.

Peter Wynne

Woke up fell outta bed drag a comb across my head
Dear Mr GAS Man,
Please help me pass(t) the gas....... I don't need another guitar until i have learned to play at least one of three i already own.

upload_2018-9-24_13-23-22.png

Now i feel better.