Z-Glide Neck (Dean Zelinsky guitars)

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
My guitar is a Dean Zelinsky Tagliare with a "Z-Glide" neck. That's just what it came with when I ordered it. It's kinda dimpled like a golf ball, and is supposed to reduce friction by reducing the surface area you come in contact with.

Now, first of all, I'm nowhere near good enough for something like that to make any difference. Secondly, it's the only guitar I have, so I have nothing to compare it to. It just feels like "my guitar."

Have any of you who are more accomplished players played one? What was your opinion?

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I own a Strettavita, the lp style , but I can't tell much difference as I don't play fast. It is a good feeling neck though. A few of the others here have played mine, and some others have them. To me it feels more like the checkering on a pistol grip.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I've played a few.
My impressions:
-Felt strange when I first picked it up
-Got more comfortable quickly
-For my style playing, I don't think it made a difference
-I think he does a nice job on the fit and finish of his guitars
-The Z-glide is just an interesting variation that wouldn't change my purchase decision one way or the other

I think you've got a great guitar there don't be too concerned about other peoples opinions.
If it feel good in your hands, sound good to you and looks good ( and Z's do look good) you've got a keeper.

Randy S

Blues Junior
I have a Tagliare with the Z-Glide. I like the neck but I can't say that it helps with speed any. Overall the Tagliare sounds and plays great. The fit and finish are very nice- it is a great looking guitar. Compares favorably with my Deluxe Strat at about 2/3 of the price.