Cory Congilio's New Course

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
Just ordered it.

Trading solos:Texas Blues

Can't wait to delve into it.
Kinda like Griffs email video he sent out awhile back with him playing 4 bars then you play 4 bars but this is 12 bars each back and forth for around 5 min it looks like with the video track.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Just got it. Another in my litany of courses to get to after I get moved to Ideeho and settled in to retirement. :) He has some great lickies in there to master!

Last edited:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Yep, grabbed it as well. Some fun licks there.

Also, sign up for the Universal Audio OX giveaway. Saw Corey demo it at NAMM and it's a killer piece of gear!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Have been just cruising through this course playing the videos, about half way through. There is a LOT of MEAT in this course! LOTS of great licks, lots of great comping ideas. Enough to keep me busy for a few months ... like 3 to 6! GREAT STUFF! I owe Mr. Scary a beer for putting it on my radar!!

Mr.Scary

Have been just cruising through this course playing the videos, about half way through. There is a LOT of MEAT in this course! LOTS of great licks, lots of great comping ideas. Enough to keep me busy for a few months ... like 3 to 6! GREAT STUFF! I owe Mr. Scary a beer for putting it on my radar!!
Well I don't drink alcohol but I do drink lots of coffee. How bout we meet at Starbucks?

Mr.Scary

I won't even set foot in a Starbucks. Political reasons.
I don't for the same reason but i have to bend my rule sometimes because they are good for when I am traveling otherwise I frequent a local bagel place on my way to work or other places or QT.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior

You sold me RR. I like this style of course where you take turns comping and soloing with the instructor. Corey's stuff is usually very good.

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
nope , no idea lol, but what the hell ,who can understand americans other than americans :)

Last edited:

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
I am currently taking private lessons with Corey and we are using his "30 Beginner Blues Licks You Must Know" for study material. It is really a lot of fun and has helped me an unimaginable amount. Almost done with it and I had hoped that we would use his "Slow Blues Guru" next. Or I thought this new one might be appropriate. But Corey said he wants to work his "50 Blues Rhythms You MUST Know" next. Corey knows where I am at and what I need better than I do so that's what we are working next!

But this new course, "Trading Solos: Texas Blues" looks like a lot of fun and I bought it yesterday to take advantage of the discount. Someday I'll get to it! Maybe.

Mr.Scary

Not really impressed with the way he explains the licks. To short and doesn't really Match the tab that well but I'll make do.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Not really impressed with the way he explains the licks. To short and doesn't really Match the tab that well but I'll make do.
If you have VLC Media player or even the software on Truefire that allows you to set loops and speed up / slow down the playing without changing pitch, you don't need tab at all.