Solo #2 - my first audio file

JohnJ

Blues Newbie
Sounded really good. I like your tone on this one. Yes it also takes me multiple attempts when recording.

GOTGI

Blues Newbie
Sounded really good. I like your tone on this one. Yes it also takes me multiple attempts when recording.

Thanks. I'm using the Line6 Helix and Logic Pro X for recording. There are lots of Blues sounds for the Helix available.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Great job! So many good things going on...bends, slides, etc., but especially your patience on the timing...excellent (and Griff says timing is most important!). Sounds like you’re going to have a bright future with the blues guitar!

GOTGI

Blues Newbie
Great job! So many good things going on...bends, slides, etc., but especially your patience on the timing...excellent (and Griff says timing is most important!). Sounds like you’re going to have a bright future with the blues guitar!

Wow...don't know what to say. Except thanks so much for your kind and encouraging words.

artyman

Fareham UK
Sounded pretty good, perhaps a tad early in places playing behind the beat is better. It maybe the recording process, Audacity for example has a delay setting if you are recoding to a backing track

GOTGI

Blues Newbie
Thanks. Don't think it's the recording process. Not aware of any delay. Good or bad, it's all me.:)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Great job! Love your tone too.
That's the solo I always use for Red House.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Sorry to have not discovered your recording earlier, but I enjoyed it very much. Nice tone, feeling, and technique. :cool:

Listening to your recording made my day better! :)

Tom

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Very nice playing. I agree with Jmin...your slides and bends are sound great. Those are two huge obstacles that trip up a lot of people. What Helix patch did you use for this one? I have a helix LT and want to make sure that I have that preset saved in my main library.

By the way...If you have not checked it out yet, head on down to the VJR - Virtual Jam Room - (at the bottom of the main forum page). This is a great place for you to jam along with others. There are instructions pinned to the top of the VJR page.

JohnHanau

Blues Newbie
Hey I am new to this community and I just want to say your play is excellent and your tone is great! Thanks for sharing.

John