What do you think about....

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I had an idea... (yes, it hurt)

I was thinking it might be cool to take a couple of the live sessions we do each month and, instead or pushing out more information (because I always worry about overload) that it might be really beneficial to do some "hot seats."

For those, members can submit videos of them playing something and I'll take a listen and review live, without a net. If you don't want to submit, that's fine, and obviously I can't do more than a few at a time, but I thought it might be super useful for everyone, not just the person doing the playing.

What say you?

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
That sounds like an interesting idea and should be fun and useful. I say, lets try it!

Do you envision these as having a specific theme or more of a random anything goes video?

You may get swamped with videos!!!

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
That sounds like an interesting idea and should be fun and useful. I say, lets try it!

Do you envision these as having a specific theme or more of a random anything goes video?

You may get swamped with videos!!!
Anything at first... but I suppose it could change as needed.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I kind of like the pushing out information and overload........... but there may be a utility to analyzing videos too?

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Love the idea!

Another site I frequent has a service where subscribers can submit a video and get a "one on one" critique video in response from one of the staff, and all such videos are available to members. I like your hot seat idea, and the idea that lots of folks can chime in with critiques and/or ideas. Sort of a crowd sourced playing review?

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Are you thinking submit a solo or lesson from a specific course for critique? I know that could be really difficult because of the range of skill levels involved, but it might help narrow the structure a bit and give some a chance that might not otherwise get a chance. Or are you thinking more of a free for all (at least to begin with) where everybody is allowed to submit whatever the heck they want? Or have you thought that far yet? Just kind of curious.

I think it sounds like an interesting idea. You should give it a shot.

And are you sure you want to go without a net? I can see it now. Griff: "Now see on this solo? The player is using the wrong guitar face. Totally not the right one. This is very much a Freddy King lick, and the player is using a BB guitar face. The lick isn't right if the wrong face is used. Player, you need to sort out your Kings and try this one again."

b2b72bd258847119f7e34d22aad9d12c.jpg

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Why did the Billy Joel song "Pressure" pop into my head just now?
I like the idea of working under pressure, that's why I like the challenges too.
Count me in.