super- strat -o-day

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
could it be that I waited 3 years for this ( I am too cheap to buy it brand new)
Could it be that I built this guitar up so much in my head, it could only be awesome
could it be remembering the one I had in '87 or '88

Or could this guitar be the most amazing, awesome piece of strings and wood mixed together that ever was ?

I don't know, but this thing is cool......the neck is fast, my picking hand is having trouble keeping up, and on slides I have overshot it a few times. The color and paint is awesome, the floyd rose tuned up with no issues, and I used my second rate strings on it ( in case I broke them learning the floyd again)

There are some negatives.......I am not overly impressed with the ibanez pick ups, I wish this was the model with the dimarzios, but they arnt bad, just, after having fralins and porters, I am getting a little snobish

The jack, takes a little presure to seat correctly, I will replace it with one of my extra precision tones I have in the rest of my guitars.

Having a 5 way switch with humbuckers and single coil..................I think I am breaking up with my les paul

now, a 100 watt marshall, and a ibanez s series floyd rose..................................tonight, long live 1986

IMG_20180714_182219.jpg

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Nice score!! Looks like a fun one. I wonder how it would compare to the Nita Strauss signature...they look really similar. I spotted that one a couple of weeks ago, and it has me really intrigued.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Nice score!! Looks like a fun one. I wonder how it would compare to the Nita Strauss signature...they look really similar. I spotted that one a couple of weeks ago, and it has me really intrigued.

I know the owner doesnt compare to her...............I think her signature one has better pick ups
OK so where is the sound file then :cool:

Its coming, using it for practice today

paul wilson white

BLUES.THE POWER OF ALL MUSIC
Just my 2 pounds and no offence ment,but it just dose not float my boat.
I know they are great guitars and pack some nice sounds so hope it serves you well.
It is a nice guitar.
I know I'm british but a strat is a strat and a real strat is made in the USA by fender everything else is a wannabe.hard line I know but that's me.
But as long as you like it and are enjoying playing it can not fault you.
Be nice to hear the tones you get from the guitar

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Just my 2 pounds and no offence ment,but it just dose not float my boat.
I know they are great guitars and pack some nice sounds so hope it serves you well.
It is a nice guitar.
I know I'm british but a strat is a strat and a real strat is made in the USA by fender everything else is a wannabe.hard line I know but that's me.
But as long as you like it and are enjoying playing it can not fault you.
Be nice to hear the tones you get from the guitar

For me, I enjoy 80's hair rock, so a super strat fits the bill.......the optons when playing cover songs with the 5 way toggle allow me to switch to single coil, rock, blues, without switching guitars or playing with my pedals, just a switch flip,maybe an adjustment on the volume knob. I actually got rid of a strat to get this

aleclee

Tribe of One
I know I'm british but a strat is a strat and a real strat is made in the USA by fender
FWIW, a "super strat" is not a Strat that's terrific. ;) About the only thing it has in common with the Fender model is the dual cutaway design. Swap out the six-post trem for a Floyd, pop in a bridge humbucker, swap out or remove the middle/neck pickups, add jumbo frets, and you're getting into super strat territory.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Got a chance to play it today.............as expected, songs like cat scratch fever, Billy Squier Lonely is the night...............the thing freaking rocked. When I switched to single coil, it still held its own. This was the second take of some tim mcgraw song we were trying (sorry, my camera goes to a new file every twenty minutes).

The wife asked me, why are you playing so reserved, I said in this song,I am the back ground guy, on the rock songs, I am the front

Shodai

Blues Junior
You must be doing something right. My wife is all country, and came over and started signing along. She asked who it was. I said it was you.

giphy.gif