Amps What speakers in your amp or cab,and if you had to pick what would you choose

paul wilson white

BLUES.THE POWER OF ALL MUSIC
In my amp I have a 10 inch celestion gold alnico which I can use as a standard combo or I can plug my cab in which house a 12 inch celestion g12 h limited edition and a 12 inch limited edition vintage 30 so I use the gold for warm blues sounds and I use my cab for Clapton and Hendrix,jimmy page ect kind of sound the gold as a very warm creamy sound and the cab can do creamy and the women tone as they call it but can scream for more modern blues but my favourite is the celestion gold alnico speak it is just the tone we all chase

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
My Quilter Mach 2 HD combo and extension cabinet have Celestion BN12-300s Neodymium speakers of 300W each. They have searing clean responsiveness with no speaker breakup or cone cry very similar to an Electrovoice EVM-12L. I love them! I plugged it into my Carvin 4X12 loaded with Celestion Vintage 30s and far prefer the BN12-300s. Years ago in the late 60'/early 70's my band used homebuilt 4X15 cabinets using the EVM 15L, and those were the best cabinets I had ever heard … until now.

Yes, yes, I know the BN12-300s is listed as a bass speaker. But it is VERY efficient with a 99db sensitivity rating. In my Quillter MicroPro they sound absolutely stunning and they can get LOUD.

Last edited:

Shodai

Blues Junior
My speaker is round. Sort of a black color, and has a magnet on the back. I have never thought of swapping it out, as my level of playing just doesn't justify it.

The speaker itself is a Celestion that was designed for Line 6 to have a more clear and flat response, allowing the modeling in the amp to actually do what it was designed to do. Does it work? Could be. With my playing it's kind of hard to tell.

For me it's a case of learn to play more better before I try to chase a particular sound.

Then again, the fact that I play like a tone deaf epileptic under a strobe light and wearing oven mitts never stopped me from adding a new guitar to the family, so what the hell do I know?

paul wilson white

BLUES.THE POWER OF ALL MUSIC
My Quilter Mach 2 HD combo and extension cabinet have Celestion BN12-300s Neodymium speakers of 300W each. They have searing clean responsiveness with no speaker breakup or cone cry very similar to an Electrovoice EVM-12L. I love them! I plugged it into my Carvin 4X12 loaded with Celestion Vintage 30s and far prefer the BN12-300s. Years ago in the late 60'/early 70's my band used homebuilt 4X15 cabinets using the EVM 15L, and those were the best cabinets I had ever heard … until now.

Yes, yes, I know the BN12-300s is listed as a bass speaker. But it is VERY efficient with a 99db sensitivity rating. In my Quillter MicroPro they sound absolutely stunning and they can get LOUD.

Interesting as the guy who built my amp made a cab with 2 x 15 bass speakers for a guitar player and he swears by them,so I may have a go at that

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
I have 2 cabs. One for home only 2x8" with Celestian 8-15 speakers. I built that to see if it would drive the speakers better at low volume than the bigger cab. It does sound better at quieter volume than the big cab.
The big cab is an upright 2x12. It is fitted with creambacks. a G12M-65 on the top and a G12H-75 on the bottom. This is too loud for home use.

cheers

Al.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
My speaker is round. Sort of a black color, and has a magnet on the back. I have never thought of swapping it out, as my level of playing just doesn't justify it.

The speaker itself is a Celestion that was designed for Line 6 to have a more clear and flat response, allowing the modeling in the amp to actually do what it was designed to do. Does it work? Could be. With my playing it's kind of hard to tell.

For me it's a case of learn to play more better before I try to chase a particular sound.

Then again, the fact that I play like a tone deaf epileptic under a strobe light and wearing oven mitts never stopped me from adding a new guitar to the family, so what the hell do I know?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone articulate my situation quite so well!