2018 BGU NE Jam V is official !!!!!

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Man, that pic from Carlos' jam takes me right back! I'm so bummed I'm not going to be at the NE jam but it just wasn't in the cards to do both that and our Danube River cruise. I'll be there in spirit though. Have a wonderful time boys & girls!!! Those of you who are doing this for the first time are in for a big treat!

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Aside from a guitar, strings, etc...what other equipment would you guys suggest that I bring? Do I need to bring any pedals, amps, speakers or any other equipment like that? I don’t have a problem playing through whatever amps are there but if there is a need for anything, I will be driving and will be more that happy to bring it. Counting down the days and getting more excited each day!

BignJames

Blues Newbie
Aside from a guitar, strings, etc...what other equipment would you guys suggest that I bring? Do I need to bring any pedals, amps, speakers or any other equipment like that? I don’t have a problem playing through whatever amps are there but if there is a need for anything, I will be driving and will be more that happy to bring it. Counting down the days and getting more excited each day!

Bring M&Ms.....no brown ones.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member

Bail money

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Hey Ted, do you have a favorite song (songs) that you’d like to be played? Give us the key and what artist it’s based on and we’ll do our best to make it happen. This would apply to anybody else also. As you probably noticed, this is a lot looser format than a BGU LIVE.

Gibsongirl

Gibsongirl
A few more details for NE Jam V!!!!!

Reminder: if you have not already done so, please PM Cowboy if you are attending. Include your T shirt size, and wether or not you are interested in a master class, and or the Sunday Brunch cruise on Lake George.

For those of you (Hopefully that's everyone) that want to play with the Pro's Friday night, let me know what song you have in mind. The band is finalizing a set list, we want to be sure we save your song for you. Especially if you want to go "outside the box" , we'll have to be sure the band knows the song. If there are multiple requests for the same song, please have a second or third choice in mind.

The Sunday hangover brunch/ cruise will be from 11 am to 2 pm. Brunch and your first glass of champagne is included in the 49$ ticket. Those of you traveling under assumed names, you'll need proper ID. (Photo ID required for everyone to board the boat). If interested, be sure to let me know ASAP so I can reserve enough spots before the cruise sells out. I think this will be a great way to cap off an epic weekend. I hope you all can make it.

Reminder: The Thursday night blues jam is at the Lawrence Street Tavern: 7-11 pm. This will be a great way to "preview" how the weekend will go. Bring your guitar and have a song in mind to play. Come early if you can, once a song is played, that's it for the evening.

Wow! Two weeks from tonight!
Really looking forward to seeing everyone.
Practice, practice, practice........
Kathleen

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Are there going to be assigned groups, or just ad hoc pickups? I'm fine with either, but the group approach lets you get in contact beforehand and select some songs to work on. That doesn't say you can't mix up later.

Gibsongirl

Gibsongirl
Hopefully Cowboy can take care of that. Thx for the reminder. If anyone has a group or player in mind that you wish to jam with, please PM Cowboy. I'll send him a note regarding group assignments. Tnx
K