Why is it so difficult to play percussion

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
On lesson 5. In fact, I am on 5-3. So why is it so difficult to play the percussion with all the strings muted?!?! It shouldn't be. Every time I play an open chord or a barre chord I can mute strings!!!:mad::rolleyes: (When I don't want to.)
Actually it's coming along and I'll move on soon. The percussion->G ->D is tricky. But it is more difficult than I anticipated never having tried it before.

How’s it going with the muted string chords now ?
Don’t give up, it is the perfect expression in some tunes. I share your experience with it in SRM, I thought I had it down and moved on. That was couple of years ago. Recently while working on the SWS course I heard the muted string chords in one of the backing tracks and it sounds so groovy that I am practicing on it again. I think it was solo 3 or 4. It is, as you say, more difficult to get that to sound right than it seems it should be.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
thanks for the follow up @WindInTrees. Actually, because of a lot of things going on I put SARM on hold for a while. I found a weekly jam group and I'm working on songs for that and I am taking SKYPE lessons with an instructor over at TrueFire. But I hope tp get back to SARM in the not too distant future.