Prework

Rickorama

Blues Newbie
I'm an old geezer so learning new stuff is harder and slower. In yesterday's "Caged" presentation you stated and I paraphrase "...I do not plan these sessions too far in advance" at least that's what I thought you said. So to my point: is it possible (even with short notification) that you would send a pre-session notice on the content's of that days session (this really only applies to things like theory, technique [if a course is referenced] etc--not gear).

Yesterday's session was good but would have been much better for me if I had been able to look at the Caged Unleashed course before your presentation. I learn best when, what I "book" learn is reinforced with a presentation which you so eloquently do. Your presentations are excellent but at times you overwhelm my ever decreasing brain cell count; especially when the stuff is NEW to me.

Richard

PaulJ45

Blues Newbie
Also being an "old geezer", I agree with Richard 100%. The truth is there would be so much more to get out of your great presentations if we had the chance to scan/review or look at for the fist time the material being covered. That was quite a run-on sentence, I hope there's no English teachers out there. I'm sure even for the more advanced students a heads up on what coming might jog their brains to ask some good questions.

Paul

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I'm an old geezer so learning new stuff is harder and slower. In yesterday's "Caged" presentation you stated and I paraphrase "...I do not plan these sessions too far in advance" at least that's what I thought you said. So to my point: is it possible (even with short notification) that you would send a pre-session notice on the content's of that days session (this really only applies to things like theory, technique [if a course is referenced] etc--not gear).

Yesterday's session was good but would have been much better for me if I had been able to look at the Caged Unleashed course before your presentation. I learn best when, what I "book" learn is reinforced with a presentation which you so eloquently do. Your presentations are excellent but at times you overwhelm my ever decreasing brain cell count; especially when the stuff is NEW to me.

Richard

Not speaking for Griff, but I would suggest that you could now review the material and use the play back of the presentation to reinforce it, that to me is the beauty of having access to the video presentation's recordings

Rickorama

Blues Newbie
Not speaking for Griff, but I would suggest that you could now review the material and use the play back of the presentation to reinforce it, that to me is the beauty of having access to the video presentation's recordings
PapaBear, I really appreciate your input, but on occasion I do view the videos (you know that work thing interferes with the best alternative).

However when I attend live presentations and do not have a bit of knowledge on the topic, the behinder I get. I know I may seem selfish, I just want to maximize this experience and be able to participate more fully and be more engaged. And for me a chance to look at material a priori may open a new avenue for better learning.

Again thanks and I do see where you are coming from.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I do intend to try to plan out the topics for June... I agree that a little pre-planning might help. Now that the first month is in the books and I'm getting better at seeing where everyone is at and what y'all want, it's easier to plan.