It was my wife's special milestone birthday on the way to the Cher concert a Hockey game happened.

GuitarGeorge

Blues Newbie
Welllll....
IMO, That Knight battle thing is pretty cheesy, but Vegas IS the town of Wayne Newton & Elvis impersonators, so I guess on the Vegas Cheesy scale, it not that high. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::coffee::Beer::Beer:

Cheesy yes, but compared to the volcano, the Eithel tower and the statue of liberty it is actually pretty low on the Vegas Cheese scale.

GuitarGeorge

Blues Newbie
No doubt an instant hockey town (Much more so than Dallas). Have you seen the crowds standing outside watching the game on the big screens in the heat? I'm not even sure that I'm a big enough hockey fan for that.

I remember when the Stars first came to Dallas in '93. Marsha and I were out at a bar or restaurant that had a bar and who was sitting at the end of the bar completely unnoticed by anyone? Mike Modano!
Even today in some places I have to ask them to turn on the game. Especially if it's the playoffs and Dallas has already bowed out like this year.
On the cool side of that Stars can go out in public and not be mobbed.
I was playing a gig last month and who is sitting at the bar but Craig Ludwig ( 2 time Stanley Cup winner-Once with Montreal and once with the Stars).

BTW, OG_Blues please thank all of Minnesota for not approving the new North Star stadium for Norm Green.
Yeah we were in Minneapolis last week and we had to ask to turn on the hockey game a sports bar no less.

GuitarGeorge

Blues Newbie
I used to co-own season tickets to the North Stars when they were in MN with a couple other guys - it was always a great event. When they moved to Dallas, I was so mad and gave up on hockey and haven't watched it since. The Wild play in a nice venue, but it just isn't the same.
BTW - Cher who?

Yep I dropped them. My family in MPLS have adopted the wild now, but now me.

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
No doubt an instant hockey town (Much more so than Dallas). Have you seen the crowds standing outside watching the game on the big screens in the heat? I'm not even sure that I'm a big enough hockey fan for that.

I remember when the Stars first came to Dallas in '93. Marsha and I were out at a bar or restaurant that had a bar and who was sitting at the end of the bar completely unnoticed by anyone? Mike Modano!
Even today in some places I have to ask them to turn on the game. Especially if it's the playoffs and Dallas has already bowed out like this year.
I was playing a gig last month and who is sitting at the bar but Craig Ludwig ( 2 time Stanley Cup winner-Once with Montreal and once with the Stars).

BTW, OG_Blues please thank all of Minnesota for not approving the new North Star stadium for Norm Green.

Modano sure couldn't walk around unnoticed when he was playing junior here.

steve o

Student Of The Blues

Ouch!!! As a born and bred, hockey playing Minnesota boy that hurts:cry::cry: almost as much as watching the NorthStars never win the cup until after they moved:cry::eek::mad: