Loop Youtube Videos

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Today I've been working on figuring out a couple of bass parts and ran into a website which I found to be easy and very useful (and I'll bet it works as well with a guitar as with a bass!). Copy & paste the youtube URL into the appropriate box,* hit the go button, then figure out & type in your start and end times. It works through streaming so there's no messing around with "how the F%&# do you download a D*$(# youtube video!?!" a task which is becoming increasingly difficult as time marches on...

https://loopvideos.com

______
*or you can use the box to search

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
If you have some command line chops there's a Python script that does this nicely. It cares not what operating system you use, only that you know how to run scripts. Here's a link to get you started:

https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
Well, yes, I know there are ways to download from youtube, but I post this for those of us who don't want to do that. This is a simple and easy way to loop a youtube without downloading it, and without needing any special player installed on your pc.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Thanks Doug! This will be useful to me. Since I only have a iPad, I usually buy the song off of ITunes and then use RiffMaster Pro to slow it down.

Reactions: dvs

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Well, yes, I know there are ways to download from youtube, but I post this for those of us who don't want to do that. This is a simple and easy way to loop a youtube without downloading it, and without needing any special player installed on your pc.

Fair enough. I simply responded to your "how the F%&# do you download a D*$(# youtube video!?!" in the off chance someone wanted an actual response. It's all good. :Beer:

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Fair enough. I simply responded to your "how the F%&# do you download a D*$(# youtube video!?!" in the off chance someone wanted an actual response. It's all good. :Beer:
In the off chance some without these skills wants to it is easy to install a youtube downloader in firefox. Go to plug-ins search youtube download and install on the chosen flavour. Then when you find a video you like just click the download button. Simples.

cheers

Al.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
My reply to Mark probably came off as unnecessarily harsh, which was unintentional. Copyrights, copy protection and intellectual property issues are kind of a hot button for me, that's what brings my...uh, enthusiasm to the surface. Technically, downloading of most youtube videos is illegal, though one can reasonably argue that there is a fair use exclusion for educational purposes. Even so, it's certainly against google's terms of service except for those videos for which it is expressly allowed (in which case you can just click the "download" button). And of course they receive no advertising revenue from people viewing downloaded videos. As a result, youtube is constantly working to thwart unauthorized downloading and the solution you used last month might or might not work next time, or the service you used will have been shut down - it's a moving target, very frustrating. But there are ways to do it, so thanks Mark and Al for those suggestions!

Last edited:

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Video Surgeon is pretty cool for downloading YouTube's, looping sections and slowing things down. Expensive but a great tool.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Today I've been working on figuring out a couple of bass parts and ran into a website which I found to be easy and very useful (and I'll bet it works as well with a guitar as with a bass!). Copy & paste the youtube URL into the appropriate box,* hit the go button, then figure out & type in your start and end times. It works through streaming so there's no messing around with "how the F%&# do you download a D*$(# youtube video!?!" a task which is becoming increasingly difficult as time marches on...

https://loopvideos.com

______
*or you can use the box to search
Excellent!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
My reply to Mark probably came off as unnecessarily harsh, which was unintentional. Copyrights, copy protection and intellectual property issues are kind of a hot button for me, that's what brings my...uh, enthusiasm to the surface.

Totally get you're coming from, and no worries here. I went all "can you?" with no consideration for "should you?" :Beer: