Bill (Badfinger) Hickson

BillHickson

Blues Newbie
I got my 1st guitar when I was 13... 1st song I picked out by ear was House of the Rising Sun. Played until I was 31 when I crushed the middle finger on my left hand in a tracer-mill at Hughes Tool Co. working for Howard Hughes... Hence the nickname "Badfinger" Long story short... 34 years later I got my finger fixed. (fused at a 30 degree angle) and found I can use it again. I am amazed I still have the motor skills/memory I developed so many years ago. I'm grateful for the inspiration Griff... Where were you 30 some odd years ago bro. (grins w/wrinkles and a twinkle in his eye)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Welcome Bill,
Ha, that made me smile.
I got my first guitar at 13 and "House of the Rising Sun" was my go to song for just as many years.
Glad you got that bad finger working again.:thumbup:

BillHickson

Blues Newbie
Thank you all for welcoming me and becoming part of my life. I blocked music of any kind for a lotta years. The good part is I feel young again when I play because of those years. What I really needed was to be around people like you.(y)

Last edited:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Belated welcome, Bill! So many congrats on overcoming that little road bump and getting that mojo back! Look forward to seeing you around the place! :Beer:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Welcome, Bill!!! You have joined a brand new extended family here ... lots of great people. Never be afraid to ask any question, there is no such thing as a "dumb" question! Be sure to participate in the Gear Talk and Forum pages, and post pics of your guitar and amp in the "Show us your guitar" and "Show us your amp" threads in the Gear Talk page! Oh … and the VJR (Virtual Jam Room) is TONS of fun, so be sure to drop in there as well! Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the group!

BillHickson

Blues Newbie
Welcome, Bill!!! You have joined a brand new extended family here ... lots of great people. Never be afraid to ask any question, there is no such thing as a "dumb" question! Be sure to participate in the Gear Talk and Forum pages, and post pics of your guitar and amp in the "Show us your guitar" and "Show us your amp" threads in the Gear Talk page! Oh … and the VJR (Virtual Jam Room) is TONS of fun, so be sure to drop in there as well! Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the group!
Thank you for making me feel lucky, friend. VIRTUAL JAM ROOM!!! where we can all JAM TOGETHER, realtime? (rubs his hands together briskly, thinking about having a great time) :p

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Steady Bill!!! Not all together at the same time. You download the track and add your offering and upload it again. Still a lot of fun though.:)

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Welcome, Bill. Lots of people around the US get together for informal jam sessions. Check out the "gigs & jams" site here and enter your name and location. One of the proctors will add it to the sticky tread and keep looking for responses - this is in addition to the virtual jam session mentioned by Dave above. Great having you join us!

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome! I am in and out, and sometimes disappear for months at a time (life gets in the way sometimes). But the guys here are great! Very supportive environment, and always something interesting happening. No matter how long I'm away, every time I come back it feels like coming home.
You're going to love it here!

BillHickson

Blues Newbie
Steady Bill!!! Not all together at the same time. You download the track and add your offering and upload it again. Still a lot of fun though.:)
I'm in Second Life that has 3D sound realtime. I can jam with people from around the world... Live and in sync. I've seen 4 people, on a virtual stage each from a different country perform together, real time... and it's all free.