The beginnings

Mike Donald

Blues Newbie
Hello everyone! My name is Mike I'm 49 and a concrete construction supervisor that has been trying to learn how to play some blues guitar . My dad had a blues band years ago here in Edwardsville I'll. It was called George Jackson blues band. Unfortunately he passed away when I was 13 and all I had was what he taught me and I could never put anything together so thru the years I just plucked from time to time and I've always wanted to be able to make the sounds that I feel so strongly inside of me. And still trying to figure out how to use this site lol

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Welcome Mike.:Beer:
This is a great place to learn
Looking forward to your participation.
Never hesitate to reach out for help, even if you've got questions you thing aren't worthy.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Welcome aboard Mike. learning to play guitar is a long journey, but can be very rewarding as you progress and start to figure out new things. It's like anything else, the more effort you put into it, the more you will get out of it. Enjoy the ride!

Mike Donald

Blues Newbie
Welcome aboard Mike. learning to play guitar is a long journey, but can be very rewarding as you progress and start to figure out new things. It's like anything else, the more effort you put into it, the more you will get out of it. Enjoy the ride!
Thanks Ted much appreciated

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Welcome Mike! I've always thought it is great to be around people of like mind. Especially if it's something in common we LOVE. We all LOVE Blues!

I'd say the probablility of Griff's instruction connecting you to what your father taught you are near 100%. The site's not too difficult. You'll work it out soon enough.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Last edited:

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Welcome Mike. Great place to learn and have people contribute to you. Come back often and enjoy the ride.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Welcome Mike! You picked a great teacher to help you build a really solid foundation for playing Blues guitar...and you must know how important a solid foundation is! ;)

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Welcome, Mike!!! You have joined a brand new extended family here ... lots of great people. Never be afraid to ask any question, there is no such thing as a "dumb" question! Be sure to participate in the Gear Talk and Forum pages, and post pics of your guitar and amp in the "Show us your guitar" and "Show us your amp" threads in the Gear Talk page! Oh … and the VJR (Virtual Jam Room) is TONS of fun, so be sure to drop in there as well! Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the group!