From cold Quebec

Claude G.

Blues Newbie
Hi, my name is Claude and I come from St-Basile-le-Grand, next to Montreal. I’m following BGU courses for 2 years by now and waiting for all Griff ‘s emails each days or almost. My first language is french so please be clever with my accent.

I’m trying to improve myself in blues, a style of music that I particularly enjoy. Most of the time, I play acoustic guitar but sometimes I express myself on electric guitar ( when I’m alone in home).

I listen to SRV, Clapton, Mayall, Keb Mo,Winter, Bonamassa ..... and traditional bluesmen as well such as Johnson, Muddy Waters, Diddley and so on.

I dream of the day I will be able to join other in a jam session. I’m 59 and begin to have time to practise.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Bienvenue sur le forum! Le blues avec un accent français j'adore! Deux ans à étudier BGU? Tu es surement prêt à participer dans un Jam. Si tu as l'occasion, viens participer à un BGU Live avec Griff, c'est sympa et un bon premier pas pour jouer en public.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Welcome Claude! There have been BGU jams in Maine before, although not the official BGU LIVE events. Griff showed up at the last one.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Bienvenue Claude (That's about as much French as I have).
It's good to have you with us.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Welcome to the forum Claude! Good to have you with us! It's snowed here in Reno a couple of days ago but still not as cold as Quebec I expect! :Beer:

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Welcome Claude. Enjoy the ride with this group of committed people - particularly Griff! Come back often!

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement. If you want to jam take a wander down to the Virtual Jam Room and join us in there.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Welcome, Claude!!! You have joined a brand new extended family here ... lots of great people. Never be afraid to ask any question, there is no such thing as a "dumb" question! Be sure to participate in the Gear Talk and Forum pages, and post pics of your guitar and amp in the "Show us your guitar" and "Show us your amp" threads in the Gear Talk page! Oh … and the VJR (Virtual Jam Room) is TONS of fun, so be sure to drop in there as well! Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the group!

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Welcome Claude! I've always thought it is great to be around people of like mind. Especially if it's something in common we LOVE. We all LOVE Blues!

Listening to and playing Blues are fine ways to spend time.

See you down the road! :thumbup: