Ernie - Newbie

FracchiaErnie

Blues Newbie
Hey Guy,

Looks like I'm the new Guy. I'm starting off 2018 on ground zero on my playing
trying to discover why I'm not playing better. I played a lot in my 20's then married
and revisited playing about 15 years ago on and off. I worked in semiconductors for a really
long time. Now, I'm just jam'n. I work at a Guitar shop now and do all the electrical repairs. I also
make guitar pickups. I'm interested in playing a simple lead lines with a lot of feeling. I like
jazz chords and arpeggios are great, too. So, I'm thinking like -- flowing lead lines like a sax guy.
Like, Bloomfield in term of guitar - "Work Song" comes to mind. It's a goal, anyway. I'm pretty
rusty. I like playing, that is -- mistakes and all. Play um as you please :0)

My Goals are:
- Follow and establish the chords in my lead line
- Know when to be silent
- Intermix chords and arpeggios
- Play rhythm better
- Play melodically
- Have fun and not worry about making a mistake (mistakes are big bucks in the semi industry
hard to let go of the perfection mode).

:0)

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, a bunch of us hang out in the Virtual Jam Room down at the bottom of the forum, so take a wander down and join in with the rest of us delinquents

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Welcome, glad to have you with us, I think you'll find pathways to your goals in many of Griff's courses!

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Welcome aboard Ernie. Between all of Griff's courses and the knowledge available here on the forum, you should be able to find everything you need to meet your goals!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Welcome, Ernie!!! You have joined a brand new extended family here ... lots of great people. Never be afraid to ask any question, there is no such thing as a "dumb" question! Be sure to participate in the Gear Talk and Forum pages, and post pics of your guitar and amp in the "Show us your guitar" and "Show us your amp" threads in the Gear Talk page! Oh … and the VJR (Virtual Jam Room) is TONS of fun, so be sure to drop in there as well! Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the group!

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Welcome to the forum Ernie. By the sound of it you'll enjoy the 'GEAR TALK' forum.

They speak a language there that I haven't quite come to grips with yet, but I'm slowly picking it up.;):D

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Welcome Earnie. I think having your goals written out, and clear for you is great. Just make sure you have reached the goal as you have it spelled out. And this is the place to have the support you need to succeed!

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Welcome, let us know about your pickup making adventures, it's on my bucket list it haven't gotten to it yet.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Welcome FracchiaErnie! I've always thought it is great to be around people of like mind. Especially
if it's something in common we LOVE. We all LOVE Blues!

I was the new guy once. I think BGU will greatly aid you in reaching your goals. Griff's new course, Chord by Chord Blues Soloing is very helpful with getting a handle on arpeggios. I like it.

See you down the road! :thumbup: