DesmoDog's Down To The Station

DesmoDog

Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy
I'm FINALLY starting to get back into spending time with a guitar, here's my first recording for quite some time. As always not perfect but I think I'm to the point I can move forward while still working on it. I start losing it near the end but that's largely because my brain started saying "don't screw up, you're almost done!" Which of course assures you that things will start going south.

http://www.teamyikes.com/ABGU/DownToTheStation.mp3

Martin 000-15M, recorded with Garage Band through a Blue Snowball mic placed on the keyboard shelf in front of me at roughly the 12th fret.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Hey, DesmoDog, that was awesome playing! Super solid on all parts! Thanks for sharing this. I'm just starting out on acoustic, and have a plan to devote some serious time to ABGU for the rest of the year. I was just looking at this solo today, along with the rest of the course, and realized that this is gonna take more than just a just the rest of THIS year! Really nice job with this lesson! Keep 'em coming!

It sounds good DesmoDog, and the more you play it the more you will own it.
That ABGU course is really enjoyable if you like learning & playing alone like this.
Your martin 000-15M sounds nice and you recorded it well. Congrats.

DesmoDog

Thanks for the comments!

Acoustic stuff IS fun. In fact since I started getting back in to this it's been almost exclusively acoustic. My elecrtric guitars are feeling neglected...

GMan

Blues Newbie
Nice one DesmoDog - playing sounded great and you did a nice job with the recording. Just figuring out how to record and get it posted online is a challenge in and of itself. Keep going brother :whistle:

DesmoDog

Thanks for the comments. I've spent a lot of time messing around with different recording methods and have finally settled on simply setting the mic on my desk and hitting record in garage band. I have a couple different pick ups for acoustics but I've never been happy with how they work. I still have a website (that I haven't updated in years) so posting online is relatively easy, I can host everything myself.

I'm also jonesing after an acoustic/electric but that's a whole 'nother thread. :)

Peter Wynne

Woke up fell outta bed drag a comb across my head
Good one. I worked on this one for a long while and you've inspired me to get it recorded. After i get through BGU2.0 that is.