Driftin' no more...

jmin

Student Of The Blues
After a brief and crazy few weeks in my electric guitar universe (another time, another forum), I have finally managed to get back on the acoustic and allow myself to call Lesson #15's "Driftin Away Blues" complete.
My thumb seems to be declaring independence from my fingers, so I may have a revolution on my hand!

Driftin Away Blues - jmin

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Very nice jmin. Timing is right on. You have a natural touch and feel for getting that authentic acoustic sound.
Well done....keep them coming!

BeginnerBob

Blues Newbie
Nice sound Jmin. I'm working through ABGU and will be pleased when I get my playing up to your level. I'm still looking to get Down to the Station under my fingers well.
Bob

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Good one jmin nice and steady and sounds real cool I can imagine you sat on a porch playing that.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks Thatman!...no porch, just an old bedroom! (Hate to ruin the image.)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice sound Jmin. I'm working through ABGU and will be pleased when I get my playing up to your level. I'm still looking to get Down to the Station under my fingers well.
Bob
Thanks, Bob! Acoustic is proving to be a different challenge for me. On electric, it seems like I'm always focused on playing faster. With the acoustic, it's more about patience and getting the fingers more coordinated. Keep at it, Bob!

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, Lawrence! It’s been a while since I’ve worked on ABGU...electric stuff (BGU Live Roadtrip, jams, gigs) got in the way. I’m really hoping to get back to it in 2018!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Noice! Once I tame the plectrum world I’d like to get into fingerstyle and moar acoustic stuff. Sweet playing!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Very nice Jim. When I see the Allen TX videos, your electric playing is also very smooth and rhythmic.

Free the thumb! Do you ever play "hybrid" on electric- pick plus a couple of fingers.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Very nice Jim. When I see the Allen TX videos, your electric playing is also very smooth and rhythmic.
Free the thumb! Do you ever play "hybrid" on electric- pick plus a couple of fingers.

Thanks, David! (I was with a great group in Allen! They covered all the hard stuff!) (y)
I very rarely hybrid pick. My finger picking needs lots of work...that’s why I need to get focused on ABGU!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Jim- I just listened again. Everything was in time , no hesitations. Very well done!

The ending turnaround was also right in tempo.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Jim- I just listened again. Everything was in time , no hesitations. Very well done!
The ending turnaround was also right in tempo.
Thanks, David! I really have to get back into ABGU. Haven’t touched the acoustic since our October “Roadtrip!”
(...did 4 gigs, and a few garage jams...all electric :(). I’ll probably have to start all over!