Hello from South Jersey

The Reverend

Blues Newbie
Hello everyone. Finally able to get on board. Looking forward to hanging out and seeing what's going on. Started playing guitar in middle school (1973). Play in bands in High School. Then life kicked in and had to do that adult thing. Now alot older, got back into music about 2002. Enjoy the Blues, but always seem to be stuck in the minor pent. scale. No problem playing chords. Started singing about 2010, because no one else wanted to. And now working on my lead playing. Playing is a high that I just love to do. Either with a guitar or talking about music. I also play drums, a little piano, and bass. I have gigged out over 50 times so playing in front of others is no problem for me. The hardest part is finding people around my age (59) who want to just play and not wanting to be rock stars. Also hate when guys want to play note for note. Man, just add your own feel. OK, everyone hope to have some fun here. Thanks, and be safe....

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of people on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, make yourself at home, and take a wander down to the basement and join in the Virtual Jam Room

Cleotis

Boiled Eggs Rock
Awesome intro, Rev! Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge and have a lot of fun. How come you don't want to be a rock star? The guys in Steel Panther are pretty old, jam hard, and get a lot girls.

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Welcome to the group! Sounds like you will fit in nicely. Many people in the NE are members and many get together often to jam. Let them know you are up for it and have fun.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Hey, there, and welcome from another n00b here! I'm an Upstate New Yawker.

I'm pushing 57 myself, just got my first electric guitar last Christmas but was singing and playing acoustic cowboy chords for lots of years before that. Decided the blues is where I want to be at, learning to solo, stuck in the minor pentatonic, and all the above.

Do we need to do a DNA test for common ancestry? :cautious:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Welcome, reverand! ...from one of those guys you hate! I’m one of those “note-for-noters!” Been following Griff for over 5 years and completed about 4 or 5 of his courses - note for note! I’m probably in the minority around here, but my “feeler” just doesn’t work so good. But Griff’s instruction and transcription even allow someone like me to enjoy blues guitar. Hope you enjoy the ride!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Welcome to the forum, Reverend!!!

You have found a brand new extended family here! Lots and lots of great folks all here to give you a helping hand and support!

2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
drummer-smiley.gif
band.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif

We gonna help you learn to boogie!