Hello everyone just joined

RossMacDonaldJR.

Blues Newbie
hello to you all,my name is Ross so I guess you can call me Ross.I have a tendendy to be a bit corny and long winded@ x's,just got my blues unleashed 2.0 today and it happens to be my birthday 2day 10-31-olderthandirt. Great b-day gift thanks Griff,well anyhow I'm married(same love for) 40yrs,4adult children.I live in a nice rural area in Maine, the exhaust pipe of the country,just kidding...If you haven't guessed this is the 1st forum I' ve every joined. I started playing the guitar at13. 1st guitar was a $13 1from Sears ,just about cut my fingers in half,took lessons from a great teacher lots of music theory,but he went Vietnam end of lessons but I kept playing,then life w/kids came along and they most fun I ever had so guitar got set aside for a bit.Sstiill fiddled around but not serious Now I've got sometime again so here I am I did get beyond the &13 one,have a fender acoustic nothing special,Epiphone Les Paul custom(fav electric) nice action,Fender squire(strat knock off) nice to play whenI want my barn to star rockin' and just got 1980 acoustic Martin 4 bday.Well I'll cut this short,don't know how good I'll be @ posting right off ,I'll give it my best though,nice to greet you. Ross

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Maine? Oh man... we have some incorrigible members here from Maine - so you have a reputation to live down - I mean, uphold! :)

Welcome aboard!!!!

Kevin

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Welcome to the forum Ross! Good to have you with us! I've got a buddy that was from Maine, then he retired and moved back to Maine. He's the man that helped me find me first Martin! And I see you have one too! Nice! Happy birthday! Enjoy! :thumbup:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Welcome to the forum, Ross!!!

You have found a brand new extended family here! Lots and lots of great folks all here to give you a helping hand and support!

2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
drummer-smiley.gif
band.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif

We gonna help you learn to boogie!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hey Ross,
Welcome.
I think as you hang around and read about some of the other members, you'll find your story to be a familiar one.
Lots of old guys who had some guitar experience as a young teen then life happened.
Many of us came of age during the 60's with experiences similar to yours.
And many don't do all the social media and other forums.
So chill out and enjoy learning the blues learning.

You're in a good place to learn.
Have fun(y)

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Welcome to the forum . Nice to have you with us. I lived in Maine and did some logging for about 5 yrs back in the early seventies . Moved back to CT. When our first daughter was born . Nice to have another maniac With us. ;)

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Welcome Ross. Do not be concerned if you are somewhat different - most of us here in the forum fall into that category! Enjoy the ride, come back often and help contribute and be contributed to!

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Welcome to the Forum Ross. This is a great place to learn or just schmooze. Don't be shy
about asking questions or posting comments.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum Ross.
As Kevin mentioned, a long time BGU buddy (Cowboy) lives up in Maine.
Let us know if you have any questions.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Welcome to the forum Ross and you have a similar family commitment story to many so now is the time to play the blues. (y)