Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster

ingog

Started in 2009
I purchased the Squire Classic Vibe Tele. I'm very impressed everything from fit, finish,sounds, and prep. It came with light 9 strings (i.e. 9-42s, not 9-46's). Two of my playing friends has Fender telecasters (one medium priced and on expensive) and I can't tell the difference. Purchased it from Sweetwater and they prep the guitar. Excellent. Free shipping, no tax. You get your personal sales tech person. Currently own PRS SE Santana ( I changed the PU's so I can split the Humbuckers to single coil).
I wanted something that sounded very different than my PRS. The tele fit the bill. I'm seriously thinking of purchasing the Squier Classic Vibe Strat. It is also getting outstanding reviews. (cost 399).

eastcoastguy2016

Blues Newbie
I totally agree with you Ingog . I have 6 teles . American , and Mexican and my China built Squire Classic Vibe . I liked the feel and finish and neck on the Vibe was enough to justify some mods that set me back more than I spent on the guitar but felt it was worth it to me . This one now has Lollar Special T single coil in bridge and Lollar Firebird humbucker in neck position , coil tapped and a Bigsby . I was big fan of this Classic Vibe before I made the changes , that is why I felt it was worthy of the extras .
PS this photo came from my shop file . Not promoting my straps , it is just the only current photo of my Vibe that I can access right now .

Attachments

• squire copy.jpg
    squire copy.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 43

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
I'm happy you like your new Guitar. You got a lot of bang for your buck.

The Squires seem like a nice guitar especially whe you factor in price.

Play it in good health!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I agree. I have a classic vibe Slimline, also from Sweetwater. Very nice quality, plays wonderfully. Like eastcoastguy, thought it was worth upgrading, so put a set of Lindy Fralin Blues Specials in it.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
We have 4 of them, 3 Tele's and a 60th Anniversary Gold Strat.

Some guy locally on craigslist has a Squier Deluxe for sale in Daphne Blue for $180. I saw a review that seems pretty good. The biggest difference seems to be the Deluxe has a 2 point tremolo (vs the 6 screw) and a satin finished maple neck, instead of the gloss on the Classic Vibes.

My Memorial Strat was a Squier Standard, which is nice also, but it took a lot of effort and $$$$ to get it there.

You can't go wrong with a Classic Vibe!

I did replace the pickups on all 4, and the saddles on the Tele's. The Strat has gold hardware, so I left it be, and it worked really well for a 6 screw traditional.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
My Classic Vibe Slimline is a VERY nice guitar by all accounts. But for some reason I just can't really bond with it. I really can't figure out why. I own four "Tele" type guitars, and can't REALLY bond with ANY of them. I like them all and play them all, but they are definitely my "2nd string", taking a back seat to everything else I have. Ironically, the one I like the most is a "cross breed mutt" built up from a really inexpensive Chinese guitar.
Untitled.jpg

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
With a Tele, and any guitar really, it either clicks or it doesn't.

I always though the Les Paul was the prefect guitar, until I tried to play one and found I just didn't like it. I now have one, and I love the sound from it, but still don't like the feel. It's OK for a while, but when I go back to my Strat I go "Ahhh, that's better!"

I loved the look of the Strat, and it feels great to hold it and play it, but I used to think the pickups were weak. Now I really like the clarity and quack from a Strat's pickups.

Tele's were just stupid in my mind. A plank of wood with a neck bolted onto it. A goofy bridge with saddles that were a joke. But then I got my first Tele (Squier CV Vintage Blonde) and I heard something there that I just don't hear from any other guitar. The stupid square body that hurts your forearm when you play, also enables you to know exactly where the guitar is. I do not understand the saddles, but they add to the sound. I have had my Tele stay in tune for months, just as good as my Floyd Rose guitars.

It's nice that there are so many great guitars to pick from.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I have a Telecaster shaped Telecaster.
full-rack-o-tele.jpg

Slofinger

Blues Junior
In due time...

Yep. Most of my Strats are maple boards, too. Nothing real scientific about it. I just like the looks.

I'm hoping the CITES regulations will inspire a few maple fretboard Gibsons, too.

I agree. For some reason Strats and Teles look best with a maple fingerboard. Maybe it's just conditioning, but I think a rosewood fingerboard looks better on a Gibson.
I'm trying to find my picture of my first guitar teacher in 1954. She had a butterscotch blonde telecaster. I guess that's why I just made one.