Memorial Day Weekend

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
I'm wishing my Forum Brothers and Sisters a Safe and Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Please take a moment to honor those that made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we have!

sloslunas

NM Blues
A little field trip to Arlington National Cemetery will bring home, up close and personal, the tremendous sacrifices that were made for us throughout our history. God bless every single one of them...

Steve

PS. Both of my parents have been laid to rest there, and I am extremely proud to be their son.

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
My family has a summer cottage in a large lake resort area in the middle of Missouri. Every Memorial Day weekend they have their annual anniversary party and tribute to veterans. During the ceremony they read the names of all property owners and/or relatives of property owners that have served and when and where they served.

It's a very long list and a very touching ceremony. My son worked there for six years during the summers and was fortunate to be asked to be one of the readers of the names (he was ROTC at the time). My dad was in Korea so it's nice to hear his name read every summer.