Amps New Monoprice 5W Amp FS (SOLD)

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Have had it less than a week, changed my mind and bit a bigger bullet. They really are a fun little amp. Will post a pic later.

$90 plus shipping

It is tempting, but my current balance of five amps and ten guitars has a nice fung shui feeling to it.
If i get another amp then i'd need ten hours a week more free time to play with all these toys.

I'm opting out of rampant consumerism for a season to just enjoy what i have.

The duration of that season will be at least the remainder of this weekend.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
So I should keep the post up until Monday? Wasn't it Capn Denny that said you can't have too many amps?

vashondan

Blues Doobie
No, but I would be glad to take credit for it!

So what didn't you like about it?

It wasn't a matter of not liking. My heart was wanting a Champ but didn't want to spend the money. The Monoprice can't be beat for the money. Lots of good press on these around the forums. What happened was what has happened many times...I said the heck with it my 5e3 needs a little brother and i called Jim at Lil Dawg. End of story. Have a few things I'll sell to help my guilt

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
That Little Champster is kind of the other end of the spectrum from the Monoprice! They sure sound nice all right. No need for guilt, if it puts a smile on your face, then it's OK. And besides, "You never have too many amps!" Or so I've heard.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Made my day Capn. Well the 5watt Mono is purportedly a Laney Cub8 in disguise. Champ like but that Champster is cool. Got my 5e3 from Jim. Really nice guy that provides awesome service and a wealth of info.

So, now, we can say, "I've heard the Capn say...."

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I got my 5w Monoprice mostly as a harp amp but it also sounds great with a guitar so it's now my little upstairs practice amp. Mikesrc and I both brought a 15w MP to BGU live and were able to compare them side by store with a Blues Jr. I don't hear a whole lot of difference between them, at least not in our limited test

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Hey Dan, how many amps do you have now?

Hey Jim, Well, not including this monoprice I have two. When I get the Champster I'll have three. I'll have to decide whether to keep all three. I'd love to keep my princeton but it finances interfere it may have to go leaving me with the two tweeds. Also down to 2 guitars. Both Teles.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
I got my 5w Monoprice mostly as a harp amp but it also sounds great with a guitar so it's now my little upstairs practice amp. Mikesrc and I both brought a 15w MP to BGU live and were able to compare them side by store with a Blues Jr. I don't hear a whole lot of difference between them, at least not in our limited test

It's pretty hard to believe that they sound as good as they do at that price point. I've read some people are taking them to small gigs and mic'ing them up.