NAGD 1st Acoustic recording

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks to the guys over in the gear talk forum (GeeDub & Co.) I got my first new guitar in over 30 years!
I plan to use it at a "+55 jam session" once a week. So far - so good. I'm realizing it's a bit different than either the electrics or nylon strings, definitely a new technique to learn!

It's fitting in well.
IMG_0759.jpg

The jam group gave me a nice chart for "Blackbird." Thought I'd give it a try...

Fender Sonoran Blackbird

(Sorry it's not blues....I don't know acoustic blues...yet!)

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Nicely done. Seems like you have the independance of the thumb and fingers that you will need for acoustic blues.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well NOW!
That was good.:thumbup:
Congrats on something new.

This inquiring mind would like to know your recording technique on that.
I'm always disappointed with my acoustic recordings.....you sound very good.

Last edited:

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Lovely! I had two friends, husband and wife team in the '70's. Every time the gang went to their house I'd ask them to play and sing this song. I love it. That Fender sounds nice.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Very nice. A lovely, simple, clean fingerpicking style that should transfer to the blues no problem. Well done.

Good recording as well.:thumbup:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Well NOW!
That was good.:thumbup:
Congrats on something new.
This inquiring mind would like to know your recording technique on that.
I'm always disappointed with my acoustic recordings.....you sound very good.
Thanks, Capt! (Sorry for the delayed response, I was temporarily locked out of the Forum with a password issue....)
For the recording, I just plugged it in to GarageBand, through an Apogee jam interface, using it's Fishman's Isys III electronics. I was very curious what it would sound like, because I don't think that's how your supposed to record an acoustic.

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging responses! Lots of fun! Lots to learn!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks, Capt! (Sorry for the delayed response, I was temporarily locked out of the Forum with a password issue....)
For the recording, I just plugged it in to GarageBand, through an Apogee jam interface, using it's Fishman's Isys III electronics. I was very curious what it would sound like, because I don't think that's how your supposed to record an acoustic.

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging responses! Lots of fun! Lots to learn!
Hey,
It worked, don't question success.

Tony357

Blues Newbie
Thanks to the guys over in the gear talk forum (GeeDub & Co.) I got my first new guitar in over 30 years!
I plan to use it at a "+55 jam session" once a week. So far - so good. I'm realizing it's a bit different than either the electrics or nylon strings, definitely a new technique to learn!

It's fitting in well.
View attachment 2125

The jam group gave me a nice chart for "Blackbird." Thought I'd give it a try...

Fender Sonoran Blackbird

(Sorry it's not blues....I don't know acoustic blues...yet!)

Nice job mate