Classic Rock Unleashed!

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
This makes me want to finish my snakeskin Randy Rhodes V quicker.......now wheres my ripped up jeans

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
Did anyone get a video today. I thought Griff said there would be a couple more teasers after the ac/dc vid.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Did anyone get a video today. I thought Griff said there would be a couple more teasers after the ac/dc vid.
He did say that more teasers were on the way. But he just said "as the week progresses," so we might not see one every day. I'm right there with you and anxiously awaiting the next one myself. :thumbup:

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
So Griff is putting the finishing touches to a new Rock & Roll course and it's going to be a long'un, I hope that's because it'll provide help on the following:
1. Which tattoo is required across your back.
2. What style leather trousers and waistcoat is required.
3. Faces that are required to be pulled.
4. How to deflect all those loose woman and keep me safe
5. Which brand of whiskey is best before a practice session. etc, etc.

My head is spinning just thinking about the noise I can make now and be able to tell every one it's R&R man. :cool:

Scott 2.0

Blues Newbie
There's a garage band a couple streets over. I know because I can HEAR them. Payback or Competition - I can't decide which. Yes!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hey @Griff Any chance off registering CRGU.com??? My fingers get tired typing that wholw hing out!!! LOL

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Hey @Griff Any chance off registering CRGU.com??? My fingers get tired typing that wholw hing out!!! LOL
It's taken :(
I tried to do the same with bgu.com and it was already taken. When I inquire about buying it they want like $5000 or some ridiculous amount.

Griff

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
So Griff is putting the finishing touches to a new Rock & Roll course and it's going to be a long'un, I hope that's because it'll provide help on the following:
1. Which tattoo is required across your back.
2. What style leather trousers and waistcoat is required.
3. Faces that are required to be pulled.
4. How to deflect all those loose woman and keep me safe
5. Which brand of whiskey is best before a practice session. etc, etc.

My head is spinning just thinking about the noise I can make now and be able to tell every one it's R&R man. :cool:

ummmmmmm, welll

1) the one on my back is my old unit tatoo, only 3 of us still alive, so in honor of them nothing else goes there, but I still got a right arm open
2) trousers, anything that makes it look like I have some junk there, preferably something with a girdle to suck my stomach in
3) usually I only pull a hammy or a lower back muscle these days
4) sadly, all my loose women, are busy applyng for AARP, but I am popular because I can still drive at night
5) can we pretend my chocolate milk is whisky ?

True story, Angus Young doesnt drink, he loves chocolate milk

LosBassMan

"Bottom Feeding since 1996"
Funny, the classic rock stations play Guns & Roses now as classic rock? How old does it have to be to be considered classic rock?

Carlos

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Our local classic rock station plays stuff well into the 90's alternative era. Really makes me feel old. The only 60's I can get are on the oldies stations with commercials featuring talking pedal steel guitars!

Cleotis

Boiled Eggs Rock
The groups today that are most like the Grateful Dead are AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, and NGT48. The fans dress up and follow them around the country. It's the same sort of madness when say HKT48 shows up in a town for a show or a 3 night stand. AKB48 is the oldest of the 5 groups. They started out in December of 2005. In 2012 or so they released a big CD/DVD set of the "Classics". Big Internet fights erupted over this. How can something from 2008 be a classic? The classics are A1, A2, and A3. The problem is that there are so many new comers to the scene. Someone that found them in 2014 may indeed consider the 2007 smash hit of "Bingo" to be a classic. Here's a guy doing a guitar cover of Gingham Check (my favorite AKB48 song). The guy provides tabs for folks to have fun with.

Oh well, getting the inside scoop on how the Grateful Dead, The Allman Brothers, Hot Tuna, AC/DC, etc. worked their magic would be the hippest. Looking forward to Griff's new course.

edit: Sorry about the picture. Last time the link button was used and picture posted. This time just the link was posted and the picture still showed up. The goal was just to post the YT link in text.

Last edited:

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
Funny the talk about getting a new guitar for this course. I'm feeling it too!
Like a Flick of the Switch :)

I've been jones'ing for a Les Paul style guitar to go with my Strat.
This course and the teaser videos is going to put me over the edge on that ... I'm sure of it.