Where's the Wah go?

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
I'm at a point where having a Wah pedal seems like a good idea. Finally found one I like in the Dunlop Joe B. signature. It's got a very vocal character and just plain sounds good to my ears. At present, it's the very 1st thing in line after the guitar. More specifically: Guitar > Shure wireless > Wah > compressor > Distortion > OD/Boost > Amplifier input. My question is, would it be better to have the Wah after the compression?
Of course, any thoughts and opinions are welcome. The only thing I don't want to do is re-cable my pedalboard in half a dozen configurations only to find that I had it "right' the way it is now. Griff, I know you're a pedal geek and use a wah, please chime in too.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
My 2 cents:
Wah first unless you also have a fuzz.
Some fuzz pedals don't like following a wah.

Last edited:

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
I suppose I'm really not going to be happy until I've played with it after the compressor.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I find they work best................ under the foot!!! :) ok ok. I know........... not all that funny........... ;)

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
a matter of preference but I have my wah before any OD/distortions...only thing in front of it might be a tuner...depending on your gear, it might just be a trial and error situation...later.

cowboy

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
Yep first ,, unless using a fuzzface type circuit then that goes first,,a lot of fuzzes are not that bothered ,,though its one of those things that you may like it after od/distortion,, plenty of vids on youtube ,,,i prefere before

LosBassMan

"Bottom Feeding since 1996"
Some amps--like my Mark Bass amp have a dedicated tuner out, just plug the tuner in and leave it on all the time. Personally I like my tuner first in the chain, makes it easier to switch guitars, by just stomping the tuner and cutting out the signal to the amp.

Carlos

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Putting wah on just your guitar signal or your whole signal chain would certainly make a BIG difference. Depends on what you want to hear in the end.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Didn't care for it after compression, so it's in right after the Shure wireless receiver, which doubles as my tuner. Just as an additional note, it's kind of fun to mess with while a phase shifter is on ( MXR 95 w/ 45 and Script settings, 9 0'clock on the speed dial )