Shuffle in A

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Annie you go girl. Sounding great. I love that rhythm you added. Nice tone and timing was perfect.
Bill great job. I'm really digging that tone and the phrasing was perfect blues.
Seems like these moderate paced shuffles are fitting into our comfort zone a little easier. :Beer:

Annie

On my way
Annie,
I'm liking your tone lately:thumbup:

billrand,
Good stuff.

Here is where I got that sound. I was using the 65 Twin preset on my Mustang amp with the stomp Overdrive and a mod called Sine Chorus. The guitar was my Epi 339 P90 Pro.

BTW Your addition was short but sweet. Glad you made an appearance. :Beer:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Here is where I got that sound. I was using the 65 Twin preset on my Mustang amp with the stomp Overdrive and a mod called Sine Chorus. The guitar was my Epi 339 P90 Pro.

BTW Your addition was short but sweet. Glad you made an appearance. :Beer:

Sounds like you got your "Annie Tone" nailed.
Looks like a good rig and player to boot:Beer:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, Dr.! I like double-stops so much, I'm always afraid of over-using them. I believe we have to give thanks to Chuck Berry!

JohnF

Blues Junior
Wow guys really good stuff. I spent the Spring learning about 60 songs to play as an acoustic duo this Summer so I really haven't played much electric blues. Hearing you guys is giving me a kick.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Really cool wrap-up, Jon3b. Very tasty indeedy. Loved how you use space in your playing ... great phraseology, great tone, great mix.

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Really cool wrap-up, Jon3b. Very tasty indeedy. Loved how you use space in your playing ... great phraseology, great tone, great mix.

Believe it or not, our drummer has been drilling "It's not always what you play, it's what you don't play." into my head. On the tone side: I haven't quite found the sweet spot on my Bugera cabinet with my mic. I'm loosing a good bit of the upper mids. The tone I hear is much brighter.

I'll be posting a pic of my current rig shortly. Look for it in the appropriate section(y)

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Believe it or not, our drummer has been drilling "It's not always what you play, it's what you don't play." into my head. On the tone side: I haven't quite found the sweet spot on my Bugera cabinet with my mic. I'm loosing a good bit of the upper mids. The tone I hear is much brighter.

I'll be posting a pic of my current rig shortly. Look for it in the appropriate section(y)
Our good ol' Marv brought using more space to my attention. He called my playing "Blah blah". Yes, he could have been a bit more tactful, but I got the point. :D Sometimes a good ol' brick up alongside the head is better than honey. :ROFLMAO:

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Our good ol' Marv brought using more space to my attention. He called my playing "Blah blah". Yes, he could have been a bit more tactful, but I got the point. :D Sometimes a good ol' brick up alongside the head is better than honey. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, we've always been supportive of kind words, but you're right, sometimes some tactful constructive criticism goes a long way.

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Oh, oh, I was tactful? I may have to rephrase my original advice! I don't remember calling it, "blah blah", maybe "blabbing?" Oh, that don't sound so good. :( Maybe I was a "breather" and RR was a "blabber"? I seem to recall we were having a mutually frank and beneficial conversation though. It didn't just come out of the blue.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Oh, oh, I was tactful? I may have to rephrase my original advice! I don't remember calling it, "blah blah", maybe "blabbing?" Oh, that don't sound so good. :( Maybe I was a "breather" and RR was a "blabber"? I seem to recall we were having a mutually frank and beneficial conversation though. It didn't just come out of the blue.
Yep, now that my memory has been jogged, the word you used was "blabbing". :) And I have been trying to be more of a "breather". :)