DIRTY FILTHY BLUES IN A

sinful

Blues Newbie
ok i downloaded audacity i even was able to record myself than i uploaded the track it keeps starting from beging, but when its my time to jump in i hit record and it doesnt record . i can't believe i made it this far and one more thing audacity is in my files when i exit out than want to come back in later on i have to go through the download process again kinda...i'm still lost here mind you i never did this stuff before , thats why i bought the js10. thank you all for the support and help!

sinful

Blues Newbie
i have an eleven rack thats hooked up to my pc that has an interface just saying. one last thing, is the track supposed to start from the beginning?

Last edited:

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
ok i downloaded audacity i even was able to record myself than i uploaded the track it keeps starting from beging, but when its my time to jump in i hit record and it doesnt record . i can't believe i made it this far and one more thing audacity is in my files when i exit out than want to come back in later on i have to go through the download process again kinda...i'm still lost here mind you i never did this stuff before , thats why i bought the js10. thank you all for the support and help!

Ok, let's take this a step or two at a time.

1) You say you downloaded Audacity and apparently installed it, since you recorded. Assuming you are using a PC, you should be able to restart the program from an icon on your desktop. What you don't want to do is to restart the program that installed Audacity in the first place, which it sounds like you are doing. So don't look in your files (for example, your downloads). Look on your desktop for an Audacity instead.

2) Assuming you can now smoothly start and leave Audacity a few times without doing anything but that, let's move to the other parts of your statement: i even was able to record myself: For this to have worked ideally, there is a little pulldown menu in Audacity that allows you select your input device. With you Eleven Rack connected, you should see it as an option in this menu. Do you?

We'll worry about everything else after you get this far! A step at a time...

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
i have an eleven rack thats hooked up to my pc that has an interface just saying. one last thing, is the track supposed to start from the beginning?

Sinful, you might take a look at this thread, which explains how to make the Eleven Rack work in Audacity.
Eleven Rack / Editor / Pro Tools Help

The track is supposed to start from the beginning, but you should be able to punch in to record at any point you like. As long as the source track is present, Audacity will always export from the beginning of the earliest starting track, to the end of the final ending point (on any track).

sinful

Blues Newbie
ok here's the deal with audacity i have the track pulled up i hit record and the track is now playing, now i'm waiting and waiting for the empty slot i start playing to it , and finished it. i go back to listen and BINGO it picked up my recording sounded good too, but only for 2 bars than the tone turned sour , could barely here the rest of it. i'm not using my ER i'm plugged into a marshall dsl15 . thx in advance for all your help, i'm getting closer

sinful

Blues Newbie
Ok, let's take this a step or two at a time.

1) You say you downloaded Audacity and apparently installed it, since you recorded. Assuming you are using a PC, you should be able to restart the program from an icon on your desktop. What you don't want to do is to restart the program that installed Audacity in the first place, which it sounds like you are doing. So don't look in your files (for example, your downloads). Look on your desktop for an Audacity instead.

2) Assuming you can now smoothly start and leave Audacity a few times without doing anything but that, let's move to the other parts of your statement: i even was able to record myself: For this to have worked ideally, there is a little pulldown menu in Audacity that allows you select your input device. With you Eleven Rack connected, you should see it as an option in this menu. Do you?

We'll worry about everything else after you get this far! A step at a time...
thank you marv, but i'm not going to use my ER gonna play through my marshall dsl15

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
sinful, in Audacity you do not have to hit record and then wait for the entire track to play up to the point where you want to add your bit. You can place your cursor anywhere in the track and click to mark that spot, then when you punch "record" it will start playing back from there.

If you are using your Marshall dsl15 you will have to mic it and run the mic through something like a USB mixer.

sinful

Blues Newbie
Thanks for the tip the first bar or two sounded really good than it just went silent as you already know this, I have a mic that I used with my eleven rack when I use to play on jamkazam. ..well if all fails at least I know I can add a few licks thx

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Shameful that I've missed this track .. kinda itching now to see what sinful has in his pocket of licks.

Last edited:

giayank

Just another day in paradise
jon3b, while waiting for sinful, you could always jump in on that Shuffle in A track that still has lots of room on it. Hint, hint. :)
That's a great idea jon3b. It's always good to hear from you. Some of my best ideas come from trying to copy your licks. :ROFLMAO:

sinful

Blues Newbie
Shameful that I've missed this track .. kinda itching now to see what sinful has in his pocket of licks.
Please don't wait for me, ! I'm still tying to figure audacity out, and that can take a life time lol.

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Apologies I didn't know I was holding ppl up.
OOPS Got side tracked with a last minute gig over the Labor day weekend. Therefore sinful, you weren't holding anything up. I was.

Rancid: "jon3b, while waiting for sinful, you could always jump in on that Shuffle in A track that still has lots of room on it. Hint, hint. :)"
I guess I missed something, cuz I thought the track was full. (Heads to studio to reconnect gear)