BGU Solo#5 (Seg 1)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I wanted to get back on track with the BGU lessons. It took me over a 13 months to go from Solo #3 to completing Solo #4 (really poor time management!). At the end of Solo #4 (March, 2016) I reunited with some old bandmates and, for a couple of months, I did rehearsals, practice, and even a couple of gigs! But, I burned out - it's a LOT of work! (and I really wasn't prepared).
I've decided BGU is more fun! But, to avoid spending another year on a solo, I decided to take a page from Grifff's MMBS (Major/Minor Blues Shapes) course, where he teaches the solos lick-by-lick. As KiloMike did for Solo #4 (taking the first "chorus"), I've decided to break Solo #5 into 12 (or so) licks and complete 2-3 licks each week. My plan is to complete Solo #5 in 4-5 weeks! Doable? I have no idea! But, I decided to record and post each segment for added motivation!

BGU Solo #5
Bars 1-6

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, mtman! I'm working on bars 7-9 as we type! Of course, now I'm distracted by the forum and the VJR and might need to go do some "warm-ups!" My commitment is Friday - next segment.

johnc

systematic
Going and sounding great jmin, thanks for your update.
BGU2 solo5 is what I am trying to deal with also at the moment. It seems a bit deceiving to me in that it sounds straight forward enough but yeah definitely some train wrecks in there for me.
Looking forward to hearing your completed solo, no rush though..

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, johnc! It always surprises me how easy Griff makes these solos sound, and then - even with the perfect tab, video, audio -
it's always a little out of my reach! (practice, practice, practice.....)
(my goal is to finish thru bar 14 by next Fri. - thanks for the encouragement!)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Friday...and thanks to the marvels of 21st century technology I am prepared to meet my goal of Solo #5, thru bar 14.
I was away from home all week, but brought my iPad & guitar and was able to do some quality practice (with Griff and the band!).
Here's 14 bars....