Volume 1 I Believe

KiloMike

Eager Student
Well, I've been putting this off, and bouncing back and forth to about 3 different courses, but decided it was time. So I recorded "I Believe", and promptly forgot how to play most of the licks. :confused: OK, so it wasn't that bad, but try as I might, I couldn't get a better recording than this one done tonight. Crazy how things go to pot when that little red light comes on... Funniest part is, most of the trouble actually seems to come from my right hand missing picking strings, not my left hand missing fingerings...

Anyway, if for nothing more than to create a record of where I am currently, so that you all can hold me accountable, here is my first (public) recording of "I Believe."

https://soundcloud.com/kilomike-717800722/i-believe-v1

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Really sounds great Mike! What is you set-up? After the first song it just went on and played a bunch of other songs. Looks like you played Deep Ellum several times. Is it the same recording set up? Keep play'n!! :thumbup::thumbup:

KiloMike

Eager Student
Thanks! I Believe and the 1st chorus from BGU Solo #4 were both recorded with my new Epi 339 Pro through a Mustang I (v1) using Audacity. The recordings of Deep Ellum and everything else were made with my Les Paul Special II, which I just sold. The first recordings I did (BGU #1 - 2, Silver Bells, and I think the first Deep Ellum) were made using Ableton Live 9 Lite. Audacity is just easier to use, so I pretty much use it exclusively now.

KiloMike

Eager Student
I just noticed that at the bottom of your message it says Kevin............ but your handle is KiloMike? o_O
Yeah. It's an old gaming tag I used years ago. We had an adult clan playing a mod for Battlefield:Vietnam called Point of Existence. I needed a tag, so I took my initials and used the phonetic alphabet. KM became KiloMike. In forums like this, most people will default to Mike, since it is most name-like. In game, my team called me Kilo. I'll answer to just about anything... ;)

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Yeah. It's an old gaming tag I used years ago. We had an adult clan playing a mod for Battlefield:Vietnam called Point of Existence. I needed a tag, so I took my initials and used the phonetic alphabet. KM became KiloMike. In forums like this, most people will default to Mike, since it is most name-like. In game, my team called me Kilo. I'll answer to just about anything... ;)
Ah HA! So it's all good!! Great story and handle!