WIT Solo#2

Work is getting in the way so I've had less time to practice lately. 
Here's my first decent recording of Solo#2 which has been a blast to learn and practice.  The bends and timing need work but they're much better now than they were two weeks ago. 

Thought i'd post this while i decide whether to move on to solo 3 or keep working on this one. 

http://soundcloud.com/windintrees/bgu-solo-2-2014_june14

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Sounds great for limited practice time. Bending to pitch sometimes can be tricky. Sometimes they sound great but the recording tells you something different. Time and ear training will take care of itself as you move along.
Well done for first time around.

[smiley=beer.gif]

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Your timing sounds right on, and you already know what to work on, so no more comment needed from me.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Well done WIT I'd say keep pushing on but it's always good to keep visiting the old pieces as time goes on, and now you've put down a marker you can see how you change.  :)

Seeing Johnc revisit this solo in a new thread yesterday encouraged me to post a recent recording i captured to gauge my progress since the first time through BGU in 2014.
My self-criticism:
1. My recording method is a lot better now. Then i laid the ipad in front of the amp and used the ipad built-in microphone to record with Garage Band software. Now i connect the Mustang amp to the computer using a USB cable and record with the free Audacity software. Could probably work on my tone with effects pedals, new strings, a higher quality guitar/pickups and of course finger touch on the strings, but much better than two years ago to my ears.
2. I've improved at palm muting and string bends. Not as good at either as i want to be, but much better than i was when i remember that it took about 50 repetitions back in 2014 to get a recording i was willing to post for solo2. I appreciate the suggestions in another thread about how to practice bending to pitch. They are helping.

https://soundcloud.com/windintrees/lesson-20-bgu-solo-2-2016may5

I invite your suggestions what to practice on to make it even better.