Electric Guitars Epiphone ES-335 Pro

KiloMike

Eager Student
Thanks, everyone. After just one night of playing with it (until the wee hours of the morning, thanks to the fact that I mostly play into headphones...) I can say that I am truly happy for the upgrade. The depth and complexity of the tone in the semi- vs the cheaper solid-body LP I have been playing is like night and day. I'm going to have some fun!!! :Beer:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Yeah that one's a beauty. Congrats on the new guitar... the Epi 339 has been on my wish list for a while.

Best of luck with it. I hope you enjoy it for many years!

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
xVvgY07azBE8p0-9iv_kOjAWjPDvoTFwxH-yNWXuNcUcyMfxmzBQ7ujqfXhunAWojcn0sI467Tlqbey3M1vJCBieU_JiikV50rH2hPNfxjMnjz84CEKa-J2SkBZ8jTJ4yWixSSV5YySQYqp3k4jYihHC49Z6m-VCbQIvGlxPrx4rEZAiRLt2wofskfYGWt0kincMaNWJa90Z2z3y3gRcabKJg-3X0ZGcd174MWBGsYqftiztGb8DiGQi-Q2lPyFqwGwJVlsHcha5mmF6p4jSGBZpsjOinpA-fXpUNXLKJFxoinEuICKhEVWCKSSKcgjNRoxHbzKz5dsOQt-ubPIjdDA3B39BIVLP7plmyWaiJ09VR4nW3u4P-5P3St6rA-XZfHp2Z0HKIH1ZWR40q0UPrZWTbcRiLUTFarBvDRSpNaSky0VGNByzbyhIPw-JnOM_9H0VW14hRfXbXE2GnSWJlW6_S6_IbjQQdDXackWVwODToiKSMqszpIyj1i6WBP5wFQUNQwpJRB-zDv_7vJTEK8M4uQpfwlCRHkD6ZBaR83Pmc52H6Hm8Xk3XR1aOxxHiEiAd-zxhA6yN5HxfKMUHJ20xcafADvQ=w368-h653-no

This cute little girl followed me home today. I went with the 339. Body size (mine and the guitar) ended up making the 339 more comfortable. Thanks for all of your input.

Now... what to name her... o_O
I am a fan of the Sun Burst! Beautiful Guitar!

TerryH

Blues Newbie
Mine's black, but I have to say the sun burst looks great. The only problem I've had with it is the switch, but I suspect it's the luck of the draw with this kind of thing. Overall it's an excellent guitar. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Mine's black, but I have to say the sun burst looks great. The only problem I've had with it is the switch, but I suspect it's the luck of the draw with this kind of thing. Overall it's an excellent guitar. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Everyone of my epiphones, for some reason, I end up with issues on the 1/4 inch jack output....probably because I stand and walk around while playing. Now, I immediately put some loc tite on it, problem solved

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
not sure about the Wilshire...I got it used...need to check the serial number...first one I'd seen with a bound fretboard and good quality build...I had actually bought one from MF but it was a POS and sent it back...the previous owner had changed out to a single volume and tone control but had a butchered pickguard....so I put on a black pearloid pickguard (cut out by my son-in-law via my specs) and put in some GFS pickups...considering putting in a set of Gibson 57' Classics and a Bigsby...don't even have $250 in it so far...later.

cowboy

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
here is why I believe it is the 66 reissue......this is the same as the one I have, not seeing the second tone and volume knob was what was confusing me. On mine, some moron changed the bridge to a dime bag Darrel Seymour Duncan, completely the wrong pick up for this guitar.

I was playing with the idea of putting the Seymour Duncan hot rod jazz series in it............but, out of curiosity, how do you like the GFS ?
I am nor particularly impressed with the epi neck pick up in this one.

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Designer/1966-Worn-Wilshire.aspx