Tattoos

Annie

On my way
We just got a new singer! He's absolutely incredible! He only knows 2 of our songs but that's ok! I also am figuring out how to get the audio off of my phone on to Sound Cloud! I promise you will be the first to hear it! I swear! lol

PS What does that little green dot besides my avatar mean?

Lola, I have freckles so no need for tats. I like what I was born with. No needles and all from mother nature.

I you want to upload to the forum post in Other Members Recordings in the VJR. If you have a Iphone I would download Garage Band. It is free.Then once you get the tunes in there it is really easy to post to Soundcloud. If you put the song in Itunes first then you can go to apple loops transfer it to make a Garage Band recording .You can also email or post to Facebook too.

Mira

Blues Newbie
Is your avatar and old picture? I don't see any ink on your arms.

Oh I know you don't have to be a biker chick! I am not! I was using it as an analogy!

When a lot of people think of tattoos they automatically think of tough people like bikers! There is a certain social stigma attached to tattoos! Lots of people absolutely think they're disgusting and hideous! And, you're an automatic trouble maker! Why would you do that to your body? That type of attitude!
They are on the inside of the forearms, and upper arm is covered by shirt sleeves. None are visible in the pics.

I kind of fit the stereotype of people with tattoos though. I am a biker, chef, beer drinker, home brewer, wanna-be guitar player, mostly anti-social, and general black sheep of the family.

One of the best quotes I have seen to describe me goes "I don't know if I enjoy cooking professionally, or if I am just a tattooed pyro with a knife fetish that needed a job wear I could swear alot."

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
One! It is a homemade and self inflicted. "FTW" on my upper left bicep. I did it with with drafting ink (black India ink) and three sewing needles taped together.

After 37 years it has faded, but still there. Yup Kevin, lots of "regerts" about that one. :rolleyes:

burlew

Blues Junior
I don't have any. . . . .

But I was thinking about getting one on my back that reads

"See other side for instructions"

db

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Lola; Have you ever thought that having a tattoo needle puncturing your skin 1000s of times, with unknown ink ingredients (probably from Thailand or China) might be the cause of your MIGRAINS...o_Oo_Oo_O

lola

Blues Newbie
Lola, as you hang around here a bit longer, you will find that there is a very common saying on this forum - "if there's no pics, it didn't happen" :D

My daughters, aged 35 and 39 are both heavily inked, total arms and legs, with very beautifully done nature art (birds, flowers, etc) in multiple colors. Both are professional people that meet the public (customers) every day, but both have their own businesses, so nobody can complain or criticize.
It's not my thing personally, but I don't judge others or object if other people do it - it's their body.
Tom

Well I am not dropping my drawers! lol

I love your attitude!

lola

Blues Newbie
Lola; Have you ever thought that having a tattoo needle puncturing your skin 1000s of times, with unknown ink ingredients (probably from Thailand or China) might be the cause of your MIGRAINS...o_Oo_Oo_O

My doctor is very aware of my tattoos! I think if my migraines were a result of getting tattoos he would of told me!

Scott 2.0

Blues Newbie
Not one tattoo. This only means I never hung out with the cool people. Next life I am going to do it a little different. :sneaky:

ingog

Started in 2009
Anybody have tattoos? I do! I have 3 of them. I have a back piece that extends midway across my back! It's purple and pink petunias peeking out of a lattice board! I love it! It's 15 years old and has faded somewhat but it's still beautiful.

I also have two on my butt! An abstract dragon wrapped a around the moon! Just gorgeous and done in brilliant shades of blue, purple, green, pink. The colors just melt into on another. The guy I got this tattoo done by just came up with the concept. Quite the artist!

I have an old school bird of paradise on the other side. It's done in black ink! This one needs to get covered up. This is very old.. The man who did this was smoking a cigarette while doing this. That's how old it is!

I don't regret get them at all! I still love them! I had to get them in places where they could be concealed from my parents and in laws. They would of been so judgmental if they had of known.

If you saw me, you would never suspect that I had tattoos! I don't look like your stereotypical biker chick! lol!
No pictures?

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
If you saw me, you would never suspect that I had tattoos! I don't look like your stereotypical biker chick! lol!

The not looking like a typical biker chick cracked me. I just met a bunch of people here, it would probably surprise the if they saw me at other times. I dont look like the stereotype biker, I look more like a boyscout troop leader , but, everyone has other parts of their lives. I have my old military unit on my right shoulder.

My club ink is on my bike left arm, and my girls names on the front.......eventually I will get more. This picture is a few years old on a trip to Vegas with my old bike ( damn thing ended up under a chevy suburban)

100_1023.JPG

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
My stance comes from the first time I went to the "SLAM" (1962 Drunk and Disorderly 18 yrs, old) first thing they ask me as they were taking my fingerprints was "Do you Have Any Scars, Tattoos, Moles or any other indentifing body marks" I said no. Then 7 years later I was drafted into the Army
same question I answered No....that is all the info I needed to never get A Tattoo. They don't ask me anymore.. I wish they did I'd show them what a real tattoo is...done by the real tattoo man. Dr. Servie, at the 123rd medivac hospital Chu-Lai., VN. you probably wouldn't recoginize
but it really looks like a 1/2 piece of an 82mm mortar round.:Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
My stance comes from the first time I went to the "SLAM" (1962 Drunk and Disorderly 18 yrs, old) first thing they ask me as they were taking my fingerprints was "Do you Have Any Scars, Tattoos, Moles or any other indentifing body marks" I said no. Then 7 years later I was drafted into the Army
same question I answered No....that is all the info I needed to never get A Tattoo. They don't ask me anymore.. I wish they did I'd show them what a real tattoo is...done by the real tattoo man. Dr. Servie, at the 123rd medivac hospital Chu-Lai., VN. you probably wouldn't recoginize
but it really looks like a 1/2 piece of an 82mm mortar round.:Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer:

The words holy hell come to mind real quick...............all I know, the guys that served in the Army in Vietnam and Korea, their lessons helped keep my backside, and my friends backsides intact in the 80's and 90's

Thanks to you are in order

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
I have several tattoos. I've been collecting them since I was 18 or 19, starting with a large turtle and the word "tortuga" (Spanish for turtle) on my right bicep. Later, I had some tribal black lines added around that tattoo that run from my shoulder to my elbow. On my left bicep, I have a large anchor with USN above it that was later "covered' to look like it sank the bottom of the sea, and is now surrounded by fish and a small shark. My right calf is adorned with a giant squid with two hammer head sharks attacking it. And my left calf has two tats. One on the inside that is a hobo and the other is on the outer calf and is a fu man chu. Not sure what else to call it, really. I guess you'd have to see it. Finally, (for now) I have a coffee cup on my left thigh that says, "Thanks Mom" on it. Soon, I will get another. This one will be in memory of my dad that just passed recently. It will likely be a welder's mask. I have plans for several other tats, as well. I don't have any on my forearms (at this point) and nothing on my neck, face or hands. At this point, people who only know me in my professional life are often surprised to know I have any tattoos.

Edit to add: I don't have any regrets at this point. Still like all of my tattoos, though some need to be reworked due to fading.

misterbiscuit

Blues Newbie
I got a tattoo of my dog. Seems like everyone waits till their dog dies, then gets a portrait tribute. I decided to get one while he's still with us. I had an artist friend draw a greyhound, then I took a photo of his brindle coat, which my friend scanned and applied to his drawing. then the tattoo artist did his thing. I'll see if I can attach a pic. I like it because it took three people collaborating
upload_2016-5-9_22-57-43.jpeg