How it's made...

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Interesting!

Seagull makes fine instruments. I almost bought one. I have a Breedlove C5, which I enjoy playing.

As for how they make guitars in China, that is a good question. Some instruments have inflated prices for whatever reason. It might be because of the name, quality, or who knows? On several occasions I have had the opportunity to sit down with as many as ten guitars of the same model, and play each one. There will always be one or two of the ten that are outstanding, compared to the rest.

You would think that with computer aided equipment and technology these days that guitars of the same model would have the same quality. I guess we still have some variables like the woods used and human intervention. :cry: :eek:

Tom

panther

Blues Newbie
I didn't know Seagull has a Bolt on neck, I thought Taylor was the only main manufacturer to use that method.

Dan

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Are they considered luthiers making those guitars? :)

Here is some tube amps being made in Canada too. I've never heard of Traynor, but I guess they must sell a lot to afford that factory.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I've found quite a few of these shows, many about making musical instruments.

Here is drum sticks

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Are they considered luthiers making those guitars? :)

Here is some tube amps being made in Canada too. I've never heard of Traynor, but I guess they must sell a lot to afford that factory.

Well that's a whole lot better than what I saw after the first video about building acoustic guitars. Youtube continued on by showing a video from the late 50's produced by Hormel, showing how they process pork.

Oldmann

Blues Newbie
Great video, I have a Seagull Acoustic and a La Patrie Classical, both from the same factory. They are well made guitars.

The videos I like are the ones where the little old Oriental guys are making guitars by hand, and do a lot of these steps by hand. They have subtitles , but show you the craftsmanship at a whole new level. They explain why they pick out certain pieces of wood for this or that, and how humidity plays a part of the decision. There is an art to bracing the inside just right for sound. Some of these videos are an hour or two long, but well worth it.

Thanks for sharing, good thread. Jim