Cancer Council Gig Video

Bushwhacker

Suspect 1
Thank you to you and your fellow musicians for your support of the cause! I do the 'Relay for Life' every year with my daughter, (16 yrs clean, Hodgkins Lymphoma), in Newcastle NSW. Thank you!!
Dave
P.S. Great playing too!

Last edited:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Didn't listen to the whole thing- "Nutbush City Limits" near the end was an interesting song choice, I liked it. Beginning of "Boys Are Back in Town" sounded really good.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Congratulations on playing for a great cause. Nice video also. Your group sounded
good.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Mr. Burlew, you are a great humanitarian to donate the time and effort to such worthy causes. The other members of Max Zero are to be applauded, as well. I salute you!
The band is pretty good, too!

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Mr. Burlew, you are a great humanitarian to donate the time and effort to such worthy causes. The other members of Max Zero are to be applauded, as well. I salute you!

+1 Great job by you and the band as always, David.

Cam_Thompson

Blues Newbie
Is this recording just from the video camera? Or is it off the board? Its really a good sound. The vocals are especially clear and NOT muddy.... I hate hate hate muddy vocals...just my pet mixing peeve. Well done. Great sound!

Its so funny how some songs are just staples because they are so good... I would say 2/3rds of your set is what I play in my cover band too... Great stuff...

Cam

Last edited:

burlew

Blues Junior
Is this recording just from the video camera? Or is it off the board? Its really a good sound. The vocals are especially clear and NOT muddy.... I hate hate hate muddy vocals...just my pet mixing peeve. Well done. Great sound!

Its so funny how some songs are just staples because they are so good... I would say 2/3rds of your set is what I play in my cover band too... Great stuff...

Cam
Hey Cam.
A simple iPhone, but as you can see, it was positioned dead centre so we can get a reasonable balance of sound

burlew

Blues Junior

Thanks Lloyd.
That's very generous.
It's really quite easy to volunteer when your doing something you love.

Db

Cam_Thompson

Blues Newbie
WOW! Nice job on the mix... I have NEVER heard an iPhone sound that good....! I love when a band plays loud but INTELLIGIBLE!!! Good job.
Cam

Fingerlick

The Thrill is Gone
Burlew, you are one big dude! Lol
Max Zero sounded great and that was recorded on an iPhone? Wow!
Your lady vocalist was great too.
Thanks for the vid!
Dale

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Burlew, you are one big dude! Lol
Max Zero sounded great and that was recorded on an iPhone? Wow!
Your lady vocalist was great too.
Thanks for the vid!
Dale

Yes, he is. Take a look at this video from last year. Chris Hurst, Dave Burlew and I are all over 6ft. tall. Chris is taller than I am and I believe Mr. Burlew is taller still.
Note: Keep your audio muted during this video.