free backing tracks

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada
thanks for posting these giayank, theyre great for playing along with but i dont think theyre downloadable are they?....since they are linked to youtube I tried to convert by pasting the share link into a youtube converter but the file sizes are just to big to be practical...over 40mb for the one I tried.

Fingerlick

The Thrill is Gone
Thanks giayank! I'm always looking for backing tracks to use. I don't really need to download. I'll just go to the website, play and record what I want and then let them handle the storage.
THANKS AGAIN
Dale

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada
Thanks giayank! I'm always looking for backing tracks to use. I don't really need to download. I'll just go to the website, play and record what I want and then let them handle the storage.
THANKS AGAIN
Dale
...how do you record if you don't download the track?

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
for Song Surgeon users, it's youtube sniffer will allow you to download these backing tracks.
Just for a test, I downloaded the Blues in F track - it is more than 23 minutes long!!
It's a .wav file, so it's pretty big too.
Tom

Edit - I downloaded a bunch of these tracks. Most of them are very long. 3 tunes = a one hour set!
I saw a couple of the jazz ones that were over 25 minutes. Shortest one I saw was over 5 minutes.These will be great for some extended improv practice time, or for trying out different ideas without stopping and restarting a backing track.

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Suspect 1
Thanks Giayank for posting/sharing, some good stuff on there
Mpaq, I use a free program called '4K You Tube to MP3' and downloaded a 49.3 Mb file in 1 min 30 secs.
FREE MP3 DOWNLOADER
I have been 'singing the praises' of this program since I found it some months ago... there is also a short tutorial on youtube, should you need it, but basically its copy and paste the url. In the settings, you can select where the music goes, I get 2 copies each time automatically, one goes to Music folder, and a copy to iTunes.
Dave

Fingerlick

The Thrill is Gone
All of them appear to be long OG. Doubt if I'll download any. There are others available. All I want is to run them through my amp and if I want to record I will use a bank of mics. Not ideal, but I'm not picky. I just do it for my own enjoyment.
DALE

giayank

Just another day in paradise
I use YTD basic . I click on the track . It opens up as a video . I download the video with YTD and then convert it to mp3. I use only the basic version it's free and have never had an issue with it . Runs on windows 7 and 10 on my machines . http://www.ytddownloader.com/

When the tracks are longer than I need I import them into audacity and edit them to what I need .

Jim pyron

Got Yer Blues
Thanks Giayank! I'm always looking for all sorts of backing tracks but good ones are hard to find, especially the old ones, and sometimes hard to download. Until Fingerlick gave me the great idea of just going to the site when I need it. A bookmark and you're all set! I also have YTD downloader but I use it more for my music libraries. Thanks brothers!

P.S. I posted this awhile ago but it's really amazing the way it's set up:

http://www.52weeksofblues.com

Last edited: