Miscellaneous Takstar Wireless transmitter

Bushwhacker

Suspect 1
Hi everyone, I just bought one of these. I assume I am like many people on here,I have a small area to practice (in my case, a 2nd bedroom), and have too many things needed, to fit comfortably. I found my biggest problem was moving around, from my practice seat to the computer or amp, to do something, without tripping over my guitar lead.
Came across an advertisement for this unit, and thought, 'what the heck?' and ordered it from China, (Ebay). I only received it this morning, so all I have done is set it up and had 1 short practice, but the freedom is amazing. No more standing on my lead as I stand up etc, or getting caught in my computer desk chair wheels.
It works fine,....I haven't had it long enough to comment on battery usage, and of course, I don't know if anyone else uses similar, but would be willing to give an update down the track a bit if anyone is interested.
This was a bit of an experiment, borne of frustration, and only cost about the same as two decent leads,
($45 AUD),so we will see.
Takstar.jpg
Regards, Dave

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I was skeptical of a wireless system for so little money. I found pretty much Takstar's entire product line available online at Amazon. I was looking for reviews and Amazon is generally a fair place for them. It was surprising to see so many good reviews, not only on the wireless guitar setup, but on their other equipment. From what I read, no one is going to mistake them for a high end Shure system or the Carvin wireless rigs, but for less than a hundred bucks it sounds like Takstar makes a pretty decent little rig for home use and light gigging. Still, I wouldn't go to a gig without a good cable setup...

One of these days, I may attempt to sing, so I was especially interested in their in-ear monitor systems. They're in the same ballpark price of under a hundred bucks. I may have to pop for a set of those, if for no other reason than having my computer output fed to wireless earbuds.

Please keep us informed as you gather some more experience with yours!

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
It looks worthy of a try for that money! Thanks, I may just give it a go! I hate the Wall Wart power supplies though! I think I would rather have a Battery option there too if it was available or maybe even USB powered.

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
Yea thats the problem i have Chuck had one a while, does it effect tone??? well maybe a little bit but not worth worrying about, i think maybe because your losing a length of cable and its capatisence ( i know crap spelling :)) you get more treble going through.
Anyway to the point lol, after using the Pedal juice battery for my board when gigging etc seems a bit daft to have the wallwart trailing across the floor.
One option i use is to have the reciever on the amp and power plugged in there out of the way , from there a lead out from the reciever to the pedal board, then a lead back to the amp input if that makes any sense, instead of having the reciever on the board and needing the wallwart with extension reel cluttering up the flor space

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Dave, Keep us informed on the long term dependability of these units! I'm very interested in a lightweight wireless system for around the house. :thumbup:

Bushwhacker

Suspect 1
I will give you all an update after a reasonable trial. As for battery option for the receiver, this is not available as far as I can see. The power supply is 12v - 300 Ma too, so the 9v for the pedal board is out. Like I said, I only got this as a cheap answer to my frustration of cables trailing around my practice space. For the price, assuming it lasts a reasonable amount of time, I am happy. I have a footswitch for the Vox, and an overdrive pedal, I can now walk over to them and kick in whatever I like, without going azz up...
Dave