Another Bass and Drums In D

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Got a note from Cowboy. Says he is having internet issues and to please not wait for him.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Good start, Bill! I wanted to hear how my new little Dano sounded in an ultra-clean environment, so I did 24 bars here, with nothing but a Super Reverb emulation, very modestly set up and just noodled, from aroun 0;35 to 1:40.

D92BPM

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
good stuff papa, just goes to show, you dont need an expensive guitar, its in the fingers, if you can play you will sound good on anything ;), says he that has nothing over £500

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
How the heck does someone play after that? Just awesome, Papa.

Just plug in and go! Thanks Marv! I was surprised by how crisp that little Dano guitar really is. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

Norfolk Bill

Can someone give me a heads up on how to copy say a 12 bar progresion segment a few times on audacity? For a retard like me :)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
You might want to post that in the recording tips and trick section. I can't be of much help, because I don't use Audacity all that often.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Papa, I thought you said you weren't much of a major pentatonic guy. It sounded a little B.B.ish
for the first quarter of your solo. Great playing my friend.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Thanks Ron. I've been working on playing more in the major pentatonic. I've been doing minor pentatonic for so long, it's tough for me to break out of old habits. I wish I had learned my way through them both at the same time and maybe I wouldn't have such a tough time making them work together.

artyman

Fareham UK
Bill, if you want to copy a progression in Audacity, just click on the left hand end of the track so that it is all highlighted then "Edit Copy" put the cursor where you want it to go and "Edit Paste", the cursor will probably be at the end in any case.

Norfolk Bill

ok cheers arty i will try it. i was clicking paste, copy wizzing curser everywhere but could'nt manage it

Bushwhacker

Suspect 1
Bill, I was wondering if you used Audacity, I had a look last night on youtube, came up with this for you.
Fast forward to 3.35 - 4.12.... all you need

Its a pretty good tutorial, even I understood it!
Dave