Here's one in G to chew on

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
This is bass and drums only and about 7:45 long. (16 sets of 12 bars).

If you dare, record a rhythm track for 12, 24, 36 or 48 bars and then come back and record a solo over your own rhythm track. Sort of like a looper, but with bass and drums. Or do what you want to do and have fun.

Gee Whiz 100bpm

JohnF

Blues Junior
Sounds like fun but still painting my wife's kitchen. I don't have the nerve to take a break and record,so have fun guys.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Wise move johnF...you don't want to get paint all over your guitar (when you're wife throws it a you!).
Cool idea Papa! I'll give it a go!

RECORDING

Both of me played on the first 24. Thanks, Papa!

GeeWhiz100bpm
(0:00 - 1:00)

Last edited:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Well done, artisan. I really liked the tone and effects you used. Nice playing, too!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I like the rhythm patterns you both put together. I was having a tough time with that last night when I first put this track together. The solos are excellent, as well.

I'll see if I can figure out something for this.

OK, Here goes nothing, from 1:58 to 2:56
GeeWhiz

Last edited:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Way to go paparaptor! Very nice. I liked that you panned the guitar parts L-R. Nice playing, too!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Annie, you're picking this up very quickly. You've come a long way in a very short time.
That sounds really good. Certainly enough to hold your own at a blues jam! Very nice work.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice, original stuff, Annie! Like papa says, "you can certainly hold your own!" Nice playing!

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Lots of interesting stuff on this one! I found my rhythm just clouded the issue, so I removed it and panned my solo center.

Here's my take:

Gee Whiz 4:50 - 5:47

Last edited:

Annie

On my way
Nice Dr. Ron, especially liked the second time around.
Marv, you were really tearing it up by the time you got to the end of yours. Great playing there.

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Gees,
The ole VJR has really been hopp'n lately.
Nice idea Papa.:thumbup:
Everyone did well.
Nice to hear folks adding their own spin to this.
I' been mess'n with other stuff........I need to participate more.

:Beer:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Man I love this tune. Worked out a rhythm and wrote scratch lyrics for it late the other night, but I am in USB recording hell.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll download to my Tascam and can join in the fun. So much you can do with a good grove in G or E.

Pops, you need to lay down a bridge.