More help with knowing those notes !

L

Lame_Pinkey

By using FretPro http://www.tabguitarlessons.com/free-downloads.htm
In the name the note game you can select only the string you wish to learn the notes on, how many notes per game & how many attempts you can have (up to 3) I was doing this last night & I think it could be an invaluable aid if used this way.We should know the notes on the 6th, 5th & 1st strings so you only have 3 strings to work on & if you have been working on the SWS lesson # 6 you may even have less to work on.
this could aid you in that lesson & in knowing the notes in general.

LP

...brilliant LP just brilliant   :cool:

Steve_M

Blues Newbie
Good find ....... I am giving it a whirl with a coffee right now ( and not doing too well  :-?).

Thanks El Pea......a useful training aid and I agree - ...brilliant LP just brilliant   :cool: 

Cheers

Steve

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Some nice goodies there - have installed the fretpro and having at it!  Thanks LP for another great post!  :cool:

L

Lame_Pinkey

Some nice goodies there - have installed the fretpro and having at it!  Thanks LP for another great post!  :cool:
Hey no problem my man I'm full of it ...err , maybe I should rephrase that  :-/

LP

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I have Advanced FretPro 2.0 and there seems to be only one "game", but it has the options that you mentioned (Pick the string(s) you want to work on, pick the number of notes in the game and pick the number of wrong answers you allow yourself). Between Griff's lesson (find all the Gs  on the neck then find all the Cs on the neck...) and Fret Pro it really shouldn't take long at all to learn the neck. I've had the lesson and FretPro for several months. Unfortunately you actually have to USE them to learn.  ::)

560sdl

Blues Newbie
I have Advanced FretPro 2.0 and there seems to be only one "game", but it has the options that you mentioned (Pick the string(s) you want to work on, pick the number of notes in the game and pick the number of wrong answers you allow yourself). Between Griff's lesson (find all the Gs  on the neck then find all the Cs on the neck...) and Fret Pro it really shouldn't take long at all to learn the neck. I've had the lesson and FretPro for several months. Unfortunately you actually have to USE them to learn.  ::)

Yea, I got a bit off track on that learning the notes challenge.  Back to it!

L

Lame_Pinkey

Well you been fighting off Pirates & such on the high seas so you be excused - matey !

LP

560sdl

Blues Newbie
There is no excuse! Pirate fighting sword in one hand and guitar in the other!

I failed!  Walk the plank, I shall! :-[

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
By using FretPro http://www.tabguitarlessons.com/free-downloads.htm
In the name the note game you can select only the string you wish to learn the notes on, how many notes per game & how many attempts you can have (up to 3) I was doing this last night & I think it could be an invaluable aid if used this way.We should know the notes on the 6th, 5th & 1st strings so you only have 3 strings to work on & if you have been working on the SWS lesson # 6 you may even have less to work on.
this could aid you in that lesson & in knowing the notes in general.

LP

...brilliant LP just brilliant   :cool:
Hmmmm...brilliant indeed.
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1271715993

D

davemoss

I found Fretpro great but knowing your octave patterns makes life much, much easier.

For anybody who hasn't yet come across this trick - If you know the names of the notes on the 5th and 6th strings you can easily find them on the other 4 strings.

Eg. To find A on every string

A on 6s = 5f
A on 4s = 7f - 2f towards the bridge

A on 5s = 0f
A on 3s = 2f - 2f towards the bridge

A on 5s = 12f
A on 2s = 10f - 2f towards the nut

A on 6s = 5f
A on 1s = 5f

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Any progress with this? (poke, poke...)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I think I'm bouncing around a bit too much. I'll use the Fret Pro thing for a day, then I'll not get back to it for a week while I'm playing the two string Rut Busters or practicing my band songs or figuring out (Riffmaster & Guitar Pro 6) parts for my band members to work on. Even for a semi retired guy like me (I just got a job at my local hockey rink), there just aren't enough hours in a day.

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
Thanks LP; sounds like a great little tool... I'm downloading it now. Also has a useful 'Ultimate Guitar Chords' pdf for free download which is bound to be useful, although I also have a useful little chord program called G3C It's was a free download too, if it's still available... it's particularly useful 'cause it gives you several alternative possibilities for each chord...

[smiley=beer.gif]

L

Lame_Pinkey

Cynicure, this has been the best site I've found so far for chords - amongs other things - its very accurate & unlike others doesn't come up with the answer " How the **** should I know "
always has an answer to even the silliest combination of notes I've put in  ;D

http://jguitar.com/chordname?string5=6&string4=5&string3=6&string2=5&string1=x&string0=x

btw if you like it don't thank me for it , thank Wayne he linked it here on the forums some months back.

LP