How to loop 4 or 5 measures of Solo 1

joggingon

Blues Newbie
I want to loop 4 or 5 measures at a time of the solo, so I can play it over and over until I get it, then move on to the next 4 or 5 bars and repeat the process.

Anybody have any thoughts on how to do this?

wgabree

Blues Newbie
How do I record it using Audacity?  Just play it through my computer and hit record?

There is a section on the forum with the low down:

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?board=107

:cool:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
How do I record it using Audacity?  Just play it through my computer and hit record?

Wayne has pointed you to an explanation, but the short answer is yes. Plug in and press record (as long as everything is connected correctly).

joggingon

Blues Newbie
Thank you so much.  Recorded the Solo using Audacity, highligted the first five bars; then Shift Play & I am looping!

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
A looper is definitely the way to go.  I had never heard of one until 6 months ago.  Looping this track was my first accomplishment.  I easily have logged 50 hours learning the right/left shapes for the respective root notes. 
Ron

vashondan

Blues Doobie
A looper is definitely the way to go.  I had never heard of one until 6 months ago.  Looping this track was my first accomplishment.  I easily have logged 50 hours learning the right/left shapes for the respective root notes. 
Ron

Are you referring to left right boxes or the shapes that Griff described in a pdf?