Hi from newbie in the UK

washbrook

Darlington, UK
Hi folks, just popped in to say hello to you all. Im Dave and live in the UK.

Havent played Blues stuff before so have got the guitar out after many years of not playing anything.

The time felt right to try and get motivated after the loss of my wife a couple of years ago.  Started looking for a new guitar challenge and I liked the look of Griff's course so I have just bought the course package today and ready looking forward to take on the challenge of trying to learn Blues guitar from the beginning up.

Nice to be part of the 'team'.... take care all

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Welcome Dave!  I've always thought it is great to be around people of like mind.  Especially if it's something in common we LOVE.  We all LOVE Blues!

There's a great crew here looking forward to your presence!

See you down the road  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Welcome to the forum Dave.   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife.  Take care.

Hello Dave.   Learning the blues could be a great adventure and challenge for you.   
Griff's courses can help you make steady progress, and the encouragement from this forum can help you persevere when you feel like giving up. 
This forum will also make you want things you never thought about before (referred to here as Gear Acquisition Syndrome or GAS).

Welcome to the Forum !

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome Dave.
We have a good sized contingent in the UK, and as a matter of fact, they recently got together fora jam and Griff was able to attend. Too bad you missed it. Keep an eye out in the BGU Live thread for future UK jams.

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi Dave welcome to the forum from one of the UK contingent, I'm down on the south coast, whereabouts are you?

Lots of friendly folk with plenty of advice so make yourself at home. Here's a link to the BGU UK jam that was held back in October, my first time to one of these events and I had a great time really recommend it.

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1424260344

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Welcome to the forum, DaveS!!!
You have found a brand new extended family here!  Lots and lots of great folks all here to give you a helping hand and support!

2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
drummer-smiley.gif
band.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif
piano_mote_by_indigojelly.gif

We gonna help you learn to boogie!

washbrook

Darlington, UK
WOW... what a lovely welcome, thank you all so much for both the encouragement and kind words you have all shown, its appreciated and I hope to be able to join in a little bit with you guys once I get settled in 'my new home'.

Im planning a good rummage through the forum posts as there is just so much info here see what sort of challenge I have let myself in for :)

I am quite proud of being part of the 'Blues' community... lol... all I have to do now is learn how to play it :)

I bought the Blues Unleashed 2 package yesterday so will have to see how it turns out, I am very keen to learn this style of playing so its all down to me now as I have read how good Griff and his course's are so I am in with a good teacher from the start.

Artyman, thanks for the link Im off to take a look at it now.  Im living in  Darlington, County Durham in the northeast about 30 miles south of Newcastle. 'edited' Damn, just been and followed your link on the BGU UK Live event and I have missed out on what would have been a fantastic event and opportunity, and its pretty much on my doorstep too, well a short trip down the road... what a shame. 

Best wishes to everyone for Xmas and the New Year when it comes   

Stewart_C

Blues Newbie
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum from Glasgow.

Good you got BGU 2 - everything you need there to play blues guitar.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Hi Dave welcome to the forum. The course you've got will keep you entertained for a while but it's a great filler and sure will get you going with the Blues.

Hope to meet up at the next BGU UK Gig so good luck and enjoy the experience.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]