Rocksmith anyone?

puakodiverdan

Blues Newbie
I went out and picked up a copy of RockSmith 2014 last night played with it this morning and its is a lot of fun. I think there are some very good tools in there, very happy I got it.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Adjusting the video lag seems to have helped a bunch.
One thing that was a little hard to get used to was that there were notes in the audio track that are not in the video track, so if I played exactly what the audio was playing, I got a poor score.
Getting used to playing what the video shows will clear that up.
It's still gonna take a bit of time to get used to the string colors too, but I'll get there.

Erik_in_NJ

Blues Newbie
Yes, I found this fact VERY confusing--I'm going to give it another go this evening,  but so far I am not terribly impressed with the way they created the software.  I think there's much more that could be done with it.  But then again I bought it to understand the concept and software and not to necessarily use it as a proper learning tool.  Hopefully I'll see it in a better light as I use it more.

One thing that was a little hard to get used to was that there were notes in the audio track that are not in the video track, so if I played exactly what the audio was playing, I got a poor score.

aulewis

Blues Newbie
Anyone finding Rocksmith interesting should check out Bandfuse.  It is similar but uses guitar tab for it's interface.  It is much easier for me to use.  Plus next month they are getting Jimi Hendrix for DLC.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Sounds good, but I don't have a game console. Wonder if Bandfuse plans to come out with a PC based version.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Just googled bandfuse and the first review I found stated it would be ok if it wasn't for rocksmith 2014. In the opinion of the reviewer bandfuse was more a game whereas rocksmith was a tool for learning.

cheers
Al.

aulewis

Blues Newbie
I have both Rocksmith 2014 and Bandfuse.  Bandfuse is far from a game.  In my opinion Rocksmith is more of a game, it is like playing whack-a-mole, just you are using a guitar as a controller.

Bandfuse has several nice features such as recording everything you play, it scores you on your timing, and they use studio masters so they offer track ducking.  So when you play you have the option of removing the guitar track on the song and only hearing your own playing.

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
I really want to check out Bandfuse, but they must come out with a PC version first.  I will not be practicing my guitar in the family room where my PS3 is.  The family will get tired of that real quick.

On the other hand, Rocksmith just came out with five new tracks by The Who - Baba O'Riley, Behind Blue Eyes, Pinball Wizard, The Seeker, and Who Are You.

Good stuff.

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Late to the game on this thread… question for you rocksmith users…  Is it only good for soloing or does it also cover rhythm/cords as well??

Devildog

Blues Newbie
Late to the game on this thread… question for you rocksmith users…  Is it only good for soloing or does it also cover rhythm/cords as well??

It covers both.  There are two paths, one for lead which is a mix between soloing and rhythm.  There is also a rhythm path which is mostly cords.  You can switch between the two paths at any time.

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)

It covers both.  There are two paths, one for lead which is a mix between soloing and rhythm.  There is also a rhythm path which is mostly cords.  You can switch between the two paths at any time.

cool... Thanks!  I may give it a go...