Griff's "Little Wing Lesson" DVD set

Cam_Thompson

Blues Newbie
Hey guys... I got an e-mail about a week ago and in it Griff talked about the style of Hendrix on the song Little Wing. He gave a link to a DVD that he was selling - well, I bought it and watched it. It comes with one DVD (a little over an hour long), a CD, and a printed tab book.

One of the best $39 I have spent. Just getting the chord progression and laying that down in my Boss RC-3 looper and solo'ing over the top was a blast. But the licks and song stylings are great. I spent the last few hours just going over and over the material.

I did BGU - so if you're at or beyond that level, I recommend this one. I'm having a blast with it.
Campbell [smiley=beer.gif]

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
I agree the Little Wing course is a great one. It's not an easy one though!

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I'd have to agree that it's probably my fave lesson that Griff has done.  I got the first solo down a while back, but have never quite gotten the second one to where it's smooth like I want it.  Although I have taken some of the licks in the second solo and incorporated them into the first.  I use this one when I go to the local GC...throw down some of the licks from it while I'm playing around on the guitars.  Helps me not sound like the hack that I am.   ;)

Chuck

Staff member
I'd have to agree that it's probably my fave lesson that Griff has done.  I got the first solo down a while back, but have never quite gotten the second one to where it's smooth like I want it.  Although I have taken some of the licks in the second solo and incorporated them into the first.  I use this one when I go to the local GC...throw down some of the licks from it while I'm playing around on the guitars.  Helps me not sound like the hack that I am.   ;)

I've been running through the rhythm once, then I go into the first solo. After the first solo, I have a lead solo I've worked out that sounds pretty cool that uses some of the techniques that Griff teaches in the techniques part of the lesson.

I had hoped to play this with SeattleSlim at BGU Live, but it didn't work out time wise.

I do like the lesson a lot!

Anybody looking for a song to learn, I highly recommend this one! It isn't an easy lesson though!

Blues_Man

Blues Newbie
just a reminder.....................

this course was part of Griff's "Insiders"

so if you were part of the Insiders the lessons are still online for viewing

cheers

Cam_Thompson

Blues Newbie
The chord progression is GREAT for the loopstation as well. If I don't want to practice the Riffs from Little Wing, then I just lay down the chords in a funky strumming pattern and then solo over the top and noodle. My standard is if my wife, who thinks I suck at playing...says, yeah ok, so that sounds OK. Then I am doing good! And if I play this progression or the Clapton fav "Old Love" and then solo, I can usually get a small nod from her!!!  :)

CJ_Allan

Blues Newbie
Hey Bluesman.
You've been a BIG help..
Thanks...Really Appreciate it...........

Just asked for a link to the info...............

Why did ya bother. ??

This is one of the reasons I don't bother coming here much anymore..........!!!!

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
The chord progression is GREAT for the loopstation as well. If I don't want to practice the Riffs from Little Wing, then I just lay down the chords in a funky strumming pattern and then solo over the top and noodle. My standard is if my wife, who thinks I suck at playing...says, yeah ok, so that sounds OK. Then I am doing good! And if I play this progression or the Clapton fav "Old Love" and then solo, I can usually get a small nod from her!!!  :)

Have you seen this version of "Old Love"? ::)http://youtu.be/O_j9KEjrY4o

Chuck

Staff member
Hey Bluesman.
You've been a BIG help..

Why did ya bother. ??

This is one of the reasons I don't bother coming here much anymore..........!!!!

I didn't get it, or I would have supplied it. I don't think Griff emailed any of the Insiders on this since we've already had it.

Send Griff a PM and ask him directly.

Blues_Man

Blues Newbie
Hey Bluesman.
You've been a BIG help..

Why did ya bother. ??

I didn't get it, or I would have supplied it. I don't think Griff emailed any of the Insiders on this since we've already had it.

Send Griff a PM and ask him directly.

ya Allen i don't get it either, but here's the link if you've lost it,
http://bguinsiders.com/

CJ_Allan

Blues Newbie
Thanks Chuck.....
I thought maybe Griff sent out something new with a DVD........
I Have everything, I guess, so if I ever get the time.....I'll burn a DVD of the info I have.............. :)

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Thanks Chuck.....
I thought maybe Griff sent out something new with a DVD........
I Have everything, I guess, so if I ever get the time.....I'll burn a DVD of the info I have.............. :)
If you have the Insiders stuff this is not new... but since the Insiders shut down a long time ago I felt like that lesson was too good to leave retired so I put it on DVD.

If you really want one on DVD just get in touch with me via PM. Or you can download it and burn it to DVD if you know how. Either way is fine I'll help any way I can.

Griff