Joe B @ 13 years old

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Well if this isn't "Music and Guitar Learning" I don't know what is.

Just found this video of Joe at 13 and it has just so got to be shared. I've seem him live and this vid just enhances my respect for the man. Enjoy.  :cool:

http://www.jbonamassa.com/blast-jane-pauley/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter+13+official&utm_content=Newsletter+13+official+CID_78a26197a919d3ec5ce6320c2f86d615&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=Blast%20From%20the%20Past%20Fantasy%20to%20reality%20Bonamassa%20makes%20it%20to%20the%20big%20leagues%20Joe%20Bonamassa%20on%20the%20Real%20Life%20with%20Jane%20Pauley%20Watch%20now

A

Alistair

Hi Don,
I hear the USA guys talking about him all the time but he is new to me. What a talent, I will need to have a listen to him on u tube. Cheers Ally.
PS I know i am a pagan...

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
I saw B.B. King in the early 90's and he introduced a kid who played a great piece.  I don't know if it was Joe or not; but, he was very impressive. 
This really brings back memories.  Thanks Don.
Ron

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
Thank you for this, Don.  Mr. Bonamassa is simply one of the greats.  I am in awe and astounded at his talent at 13.  And, now he is blues defined.  And look how high up he has his guitar hanging?  Now I don't feel like such a dork with mine up so high.   :cool:
I hate myself for not starting guitar when I was a kid, but it would take me until I was 113, not 13 to even think about approaching Joe's talent.  I just discovered Joe last year, but I have all his CDs now, and am a huge fan.

Some got it, and some don't.  And Joe's got it all.  But, it doesn't stop me from trying, because trying is super fun and I can't get enough.

Great stuff, Don. The nice thing is that he doesn't seemed to have changed. A friend of mine is a music photographer and has shot his UK shows over many years and he's says he's a really nice, down to earth guy.

[smiley=beer.gif]

puakodiverdan

Blues Newbie
That was fantastic, I was very amazed seeing those fenders in his hands.
Just odd seeing a tele and a strat in joes hands. [smiley=beer.gif]

dougbriney

Blues Newbie
Dang! I had never heard of Joe until BGU Live, and sadly that was because of the carnage wreaked on Chuck's JB Les Paul. I immediately you tubed him when I got home and really enjoy his playing. To know he was so good, so young is amazing to me.

Thanks for the post Don.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
I have met him 3 times so far. The last time we met I actually got to talk with him a little while. He is a very nice and Humble guy and he is all about his music.

I really admire Joe. He is one of the main reasons I started to learn guitar.