My metronome must be broken!

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
It’s not keeping time with my strumming arm!  Man, the more I play, the more I realize I suck!    I’m so ready for Griff’s strumming course…   The other day I was looking at AMP reviews/demo’s on youtube, and there was a guy grooving out on an old doobie brothers song that has an extremely fast strumming pattern..  there was no way in hell I could copy that pattern…  That said, there are times I feel I need to start over..  This is one of them…   Get me that course!  (just venting)...    

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Check the batteries!  :D Ha Ha. I know what you mean, though. I have a younger brother that got all the talent in our family. He has perfect pitch and he's like a human metronome. Seriously, whenever we listen to a cd together or watch a live performance, he'll be like, "oh, that drummer is hitting his snare just a smidgeon too early. Or, "that rhythm guitar player needs to tune his D string.

henryj

Blues Newbie
Metronomes share a common need for long break in periods before they keep proper time.  Some, like mine, can need months and months of break in time.

Just keep working with it, eventually it will smooth out and start keep time with you.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Oh, I didn't know there was a break in period , I've returned five already I was sure were defective!

Bluesgrass

Blues Newbie
It’s not keeping time with my strumming arm!  Man, the more I play, the more I realize I suck!    I’m so ready for Griff’s strumming course…   The other day I was looking at AMP reviews/demo’s on youtube, and there was a guy grooving out on an old doobie brothers song that has an extremely fast strumming pattern..  there was no way in hell I could copy that pattern…  That said, there are times I feel I need to start over..  This is one of them…   Get me that course!  (just venting)...    

The hardest part is admitting that we suck.  After that we can strive to suck less.  Metronomes, and Griff in general, have a way of exposing our soft parts.  This will only make us better in the long term.   You guys are great "break in time for a metronome".   HA  ;D

Rockybottom

Senior Bluesman
My builder had a similar problem with his spirit level. Whenever he built a wall level the bubble would never stay in the middle !!!!

I am sure it "is" the metronome and not you as you say.  Just keep kicking it in time and it might adjust ;D ;D ;D

giayank

Just another day in paradise
I think my metronome is like the hammer I have it's left handed !! I can't hit a nail straight " has nothing to do with bad eyes " .I think the damn metronome is the same . It was made for lefties cause my right hand doesn't match up . :D

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I think my metronome is like the hammer I have it's left handed !! I can't hit a nail straight " has nothing to do with bad eyes " .I think the damn metronome is the same . It was made for lefties cause my right hand doesn't match up . :D

That explains it! It all makes sense now!! Mine is the same way. I never realized that they made them for both lefties and righties. They really should designate which is inside the packaging because I also ended up with the wrong one :'( I am going to write the BBB and complain about lack of disclosure ;D