Interest in a Music Theory course?

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I've seen so much theory talk lately that I think maybe I should take my private lesson theory stuff and convert it to an online format.

The problem with theory is learning it in the right order. So I have a thought...

What if I did an online theory class specifically geared towards lead guitar and blues/rock. I would put the videos on a website just for those enrolled and each week I'll put up some specific lessons for you to work through.

I don't know how many weeks it would be, that would partly depend on anyone interested and how it feels to the participants. My guess is 8-12 weeks.

Each week would consist of:
1. Video demonstrations of the concept(s)
2. Practical exercises to do to really learn the concept and understand what makes it useful.

And of course I'll make another category on the forum specifically dedicated to that class for questions.

This would not be traditional college theory by any means. I studied theory for years in college and in high school before that. But the parts that are useful to a guitar player could easily be boiled down to something quite manageable.

Anyone interested? Price would be reasonable since I won't have to make and ship DVDs.

Griff

L

Lame_Pinkey

I think you are on a winner there Griff , you can count me in on that ...and I promise to good on the theory forum ( no nonsense , pictures of semi naked women etc  :eek:) maybe it is as you have said Griff that theory & its practical use will just eventually creep up on you.I have noticed the change here at the forum & there seems to be more memebers interested in this now than ever before - this includes a few that are doing BBG ! So it has trickled down to everyone it seems.
Yeah definately a great idea mate  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

LP

ps will Marty be operating the camera ?

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
ps will Marty be operating the camera ?
It'll probably be mostly on screen stuff so the odds of getting it all in reverse are considerably lower. That being said... I can't guarantee it won't happen :)

Griff

ndjordjevic

Blues Newbie
I would like to see the contents of this class. It doesn't have to be detailed ... Something like Contents at a Glance will be fine.

560sdl

Blues Newbie
I am definitely interested, I just hope I can find the time to make it worthwhile.  But I am up for anything you do Griff.  At least you are not hiding it from me this time (SWS joke).

P

propanemike

What if we miss a week, or need to rewatch something?
Just thinking say six months down the road,, will there be a way to pull it up and rewatch/reveiw seeing as there will be no dvd's shipped ?

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
That should work OK Mike, because each week's lesson will be on a website. That way new entrants can come in at week one while those who started at the beginning may be on Week 5 etc.

As you may have guessed, I had the same thought because I have a vacation coming up in a few weeks :)

G

godlistrom

I would love to but I'm afraid of missing information of pertinence to my lack of understanding of the language.

But I am

Blues_Man

Blues Newbie
What if we miss a week, or need to rewatch something?
Just thinking say six months down the road,, will there be a way to pull it up and rewatch/reveiw seeing as there will be no dvd's shipped ?

should be able to download to  your own hard drive  ! ! !

P

propanemike

[[down load to a hard drive]]

I'm the type if i buy something like this or a music cd or movie dvd i like to have the disc in hand
Doesn't get lost in "space" i can always put my hand on it even if i'm not looking for it and say oohh i'll listen/watch/play that again

[[and a fancy package/label catches the eye better than a hand written cd disc  :) ]]