Home from Work Blues Lesson 1

wgabree

Blues Newbie
I got a number of requests for some tab to my video post (http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1278980594/0), so I put together a quick video + tab for the basic one chord idea. If people like this, I can do another for the IV V and turnaround ideas, etc.

I did mess up and say there where 4 licks, but there are really 5 (in the video I say "and the last lick" twice! :p - I didn't write a script):

http://waynegabree.com/bluestube/home-from-work-blues-lesson-1.html

kgarkie

Been living the blues.
Thanks, Wayne, I like it.  I've also bookmarked it because it's been too long of week in the hot sun to use my brain enough to even write it down right now.  (We hit 100 with 80% humidity this week).   :cool:  [smiley=beer.gif]

M

Micheal

nice, and the shirt looks just like mine ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D thanks for the licks :cool:

C

Charlie_13

Nice
More stuff to add to my list.
Thanks for the vid. Very kool!

Steve_M

Blues Newbie
Good Wayne. Very good. Thanks for your time and effort - hopefully I will have time later this evening to attempt a play through.

Cheers,

Steve

Russ

Blues Newbie
Wow is an understatement man. That was awesome. I'm sure you could sell that one. Oh by the way, I don't want to learn that cough. Way to play through it. That was seriously cool.  :cool:

R

RayL

Wayne ... Great job, man. You are an inspiration to all of us.  :)

Ray

L

Lame_Pinkey

Hey real cool my man nice easy blues beer drinkin' music.Thanks for doing that Wayne I think a lot of peple here will appreciate it too.
Nice guitars around  & a cat that obviously knows when the camera is rolling  ;D
Keep it up Wayne.

LP

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Thanks for the lesson & tabs Professor.  I spent the better part of this afternoon working on it when I was supposed to be learning solo 5 but I enjoyed every minute.  I would love to learn the rest of it, if you're willing.  Thanks for sharing this Wayne!

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Thanks folks - glad you like it and, more importantly, I hope it's helping you to play that neat muddy riff.

With such great feedback, I will be putting together some videos and tabs for the rest of the 12 bars - and I'll cover several turnarounds.

I would love to hear some recordings of folks trying this out! :D  :cool:

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
That's great news Wayne!  I've always wanted to learn this style.  I really enjoyed the first installment & I'm practicing the licks every day.  I've noodled around a bit & picked up bits & pieces of the licks you haven't covered so I'm excited to see the next installments, especially the stuff you're doing up the neck.  Again, thanks for taking the time to put this together.  It's much appreciated.

bob

Blues Newbie
hey wayne

thanks for the tab and vid you did a great job

question for ya

the first lick which is played though out the vid could i not also play some of the PLAYING ON THE PORCH LICKS

just a idea

yOU did a great job mate

bob :cool:

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
Wayne,

somehow I missed this post......I liked the video and the licks...thanks. later.

cowboy

wgabree

Blues Newbie
hey wayne

thanks for the tab and vid you did a great job

question for ya

the first lick which is played though out the vid could i not also play some of the PLAYING ON THE PORCH LICKS

just a idea

yOU did a great job mate

bob :cool:

Absolutely!  That's a great point - it's it the same idea; a riff you can use to alternate comping and soloing by yourself.  And since they're both in in E, you can use the porch licks as written.

It then becomes your "laboratory" to test out new riffs and explore!   :cool: